KnotHead

My Work Belt.

@knothead thats a wonderful looking belt. what did you use to make those holes? and how do you measure it to get matched holes on both sides. also in edge braiding is a slanted straight line hole better than a round hole?

@knothead thats a wonderful looking belt. what did you use to make those holes? and how do you measure it to get matched holes on both sides. also in edge braiding is a slanted straight line hole better than a round hole?

I used a chisel bought from Tandy Leather Factory. It is a 4 prong 1/8th inch with a 45 degree turn to each chisel. I used 1/8th inch lace which means I measured from the edges 1/8th inch. Using a divider I then scored a line on each side of the belt and then chiseled my holes.

I like the angle for this braid. The braid will cover more area this way, or give better coverage.

Brian...

thank you. how do you go abt the corners please?

Usually the corners will have the holes chiseled closer together than the 1/8th inch spread. I usually will punch those with a plier chisel at half of the 1/8th inch, or 1/16th of an inch apart in the corners. You can buy the plier chisel in different sizes from Tandy leather.

You're very welcome.