Sign in to follow this  
SooperJake

Long Wait For W&c Order

Is it normal to wait a month or more for an order from W&C?

Jake

It usually takes three weeks for mine to show up. What kind of leather did you order?

Is it normal to wait a month or more for an order from W&C?

Jake

Drum dyed black and chestnut 8-10oz standard grade skirting and I think another one split down but its been so long I can't remember.

Jake

I am going to need a few more sides soon and I sure as heck cannot wait that long. That said my last order came in 2 shipments, the standard shipped now and the split sides when completed. Took only 2 weeks in between.

I have been looking for alternate suppliers but it's been hit and miss.

If anyone comes up with any please let me know.

George B.

I am going to need a few more sides soon and I sure as heck cannot wait that long. That said my last order came in 2 shipments, the standard shipped now and the split sides when completed. Took only 2 weeks in between.

I have been looking for alternate suppliers but it's been hit and miss.

If anyone comes up with any please let me know.

George B.

Goliger Leather (CA) and Sheridan Leather (WY) are both great for Hermann Oak and carry other tanneries as well.

Both have sent me great quality for over a year now (2-4 sides a month), just pick which is closest to you to help with the shipping.

never waited less than 6 weeks from W&C........longest wait was three months.....just for veg tan sides for holsters....get stuff from weavers or springfield if i can....quality from W&C is real hit and miss......gonna try goliger......

never waited less than 6 weeks from W&C........longest wait was three months.....just for veg tan sides for holsters....get stuff from weavers or springfield if i can....quality from W&C is real hit and miss......gonna try goliger......

Hey Red,

Give the folks at Goliger a call. They're good people (Cheryl usually answers the phone) and will pick some good pieces. I see you're in So. Cal, if you're anywhere near Ventura it would be worth cruising over to their shop to possibly pick your own.

Otherwise I have never waited more than a week and it's usually only 2-3 days from phone call to delivery to L.A.

Cheers,

Chris

Hey Red,

Give the folks at Goliger a call. They're good people (Cheryl usually answers the phone) and will pick some good pieces. I see you're in So. Cal, if you're anywhere near Ventura it would be worth cruising over to their shop to possibly pick your own.

Otherwise I have never waited more than a week and it's usually only 2-3 days from phone call to delivery to L.A.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks buddy...I was just talking to my girlfriend about taking a ride to oxnard just for that.....would be much cooler too i think......

Don

Thanks buddy...I was just talking to my girlfriend about taking a ride to oxnard just for that.....would be much cooler too i think......

Don

Don't know if it matters for your schedule or not but double check their hours when you call, if I recall correctly they aren't open weekend and the shop hours are 8-4 M-F.

Just ordered a double shoulder, #1 grade and one of HO single shoulder from Springfield . They have been good to me in the past so I figured I would give them a try.

I'm hoping the waste compared to a whole side of W&C will be less.

My recent piece from Springfield's was nice. I did hear that buying directly from HO was even better quality than what Springfield carries. I'd like to see that in person. I guess half the time it depends on who you talk to. I just don't understand why W&C doesn't want my money.

Would it make a difference if I ordered 10 sides at a time? Anyone?

Jake

Just ordered a double shoulder, #1 grade and one of HO single shoulder from Springfield . They have been good to me in the past so I figured I would give them a try.

I'm hoping the waste compared to a whole side of W&C will be less.

I was just looking at the doubles from Springfield, George. The imports. So you have had good luck with them? No weird coatings on the flesh side like Tandy? Decent scar-free sections etc?

Thanks,

Jake

Hey Jake, have not gotten the shoulders yet and only ordered small items a couple of times. But, those items including some seat leather were very good and the people I dealt with have always been very helpful.

I ordered the #1 import double shoulder, I would prefer to stay American but it is getting harder and harder to deal with US tanneries and receive good sides. I will let you know what it looks like when I receive it. And because it is mostly for holsters, I ordered a single shoulder of the HO. for $29 how could I not try it. More than likely it will arrive on Monday and I'll post what it is like. I have ordered from Weaver before but have always gotten crappy leather, just recently some suede for shoulder rig harness straps, it was dirty with marker marks on it. I can probably use about half of it.

George

I was just looking at the doubles from Springfield, George. The imports. So you have had good luck with them? No weird coatings on the flesh side like Tandy? Decent scar-free sections etc?

Thanks,

Jake

Did you call before you ordered?

I called in an order a few weeks ago for some 8-10 oz skirting. I wanted black, but the guy told me it would be 4-6 weeks before they had any in stock. Soooo, I went ahead and placed an order for the same leather in "chestnut" (basically a dark natural color). I confirmed they had it in stock before ordering. I even had them split it and smooth the flesh side.

It was here within 5-7 business days. My guess, is that they are just waiting on your leather to get done, tanned, dyed, whatever ;)

Hey Jake, received my order from Springfield leather Friday. Opened it up yesterday and I do not have great news to give you.

The #1 import has 31 small and a couple large cuts in the finish side and unfortunately they seem to be spread ot over 2/3 of the double shoulder. I'm figuring about 25 - 30% waist cutting around them. The invoice was noted "clean" and "holster maker", in my humble opinion it is not. It is "clean" no dirt anywhere, but not clean or free of blemished and scars.

The HO was better with only one area not usable.

Plus I now have to dye every piece and I am not set up with a sprayer or spray room.

I figured that I lose between 25 -30% of an average special hide from W&C with the belly and blemishes so this double shoulder is about the same and makes it much more expensive for something that will require more work and time.

I think I will just bite the bullet on this one and deal with the problems of W&C.

Hope this helps, George

Thanks,

Jake

Thanks, George.

How's the back side? Smooth enough for a rough side out holster? Not fuzzy?

Jake

Hey Jake, received my order from Springfield leather Friday. Opened it up yesterday and I do not have great news to give you.

The #1 import has 31 small and a couple large cuts in the finish side and unfortunately they seem to be spread ot over 2/3 of the double shoulder. I'm figuring about 25 - 30% waist cutting around them. The invoice was noted "clean" and "holster maker", in my humble opinion it is not. It is "clean" no dirt anywhere, but not clean or free of blemished and scars.

The HO was better with only one area not usable.

Plus I now have to dye every piece and I am not set up with a sprayer or spray room.

I figured that I lose between 25 -30% of an average special hide from W&C with the belly and blemishes so this double shoulder is about the same and makes it much more expensive for something that will require more work and time.

I think I will just bite the bullet on this one and deal with the problems of W&C.

Hope this helps, George

That's the kicker, the backside is great on both the double and single shoulder, but no better than the W&C when split down from a 10-12 ounce side. Made an avenger with the HO. took twice as long to cut, had to dye it, then it turned in to concrete and it split at the front belt tunnel punch out, never had that happen before. I'm not much of a dyer so getting the color I wanted did not happen. As I wrote earlier, I'm sticking with the W&C right now until I can find something better.

George

Thanks, George.

How's the back side? Smooth enough for a rough side out holster? Not fuzzy?

Jake

Saw a charge on my account from W&C today. I can't wait to try their product. If I like it I guess I'll keep an order out there so I don't have as long a wait next time.

Jake

Edited by SooperJake