Sign in to follow this  
Spinner

Beverlers For Sale

Hey Folks,

I have 7 bevelers for sale, all brand new. I bought them earlier this month when I was in Springfield at SLC.

Nothing at all wrong with them, it was just one of those things that in the store they looked different from what I have and once I got home I found that the impressions were close enough to what I have already that they were essentially duplicates...doh!

So rather than let them collect dust, let's see if someone is interested. I'd really prefer to sell each brand as a set together rather than piecing them apart if possible. The Hidecrafters bevelers each retail at SLC for $6.91 including sales tax and the CraftJapan bevelers each retail at $26.58 including sales tax. Here's what I'm asking:

CraftJapan 3 piece set: $75 shipped Priority Mail

Hidecrafter 4 piece set: $25 shipped Priority Mail

I can take paypal, credit cards or personal checks (prefer anyone using a check have been an active LW.net member for a while though).

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Here are some pics of the tools and their impressions:

2012-08-24220928-1.jpg

2012-08-24221113-1.jpg

2012-08-24220701-1-1.jpg

Are the hidecrafter set still available

The Hidecrafter set is SOLD.

Enjoy your new bevelers 2hole, thanks!

Edited by Spinner

Thanks Spinner can't wait for them to arrive and start a new project with them.

The CraftJapan bevelers are still available, they are nice tools and need a good home!

Drop me a reasonable offer if you're thinking about them and we'll see where it goes.

Chris

The CraftJapan tools are still available so let's try $65 for all three, shipped in the US. That's 20% off retail, a good bargain for anyone interested in stepping up from Tandy tools!

Are they all checkered?

I just got a bunch of new stuff in another tool sale, so I'll have to see how they compare to what I already have.

Are they all checkered?

I just got a bunch of new stuff in another tool sale, so I'll have to see how they compare to what I already have.

Yep, all checkered. I prefer checkered for most of my tooling style but have smoothies for when I'm doing something with loads of interior detail but even then the checkered are still used for shadows, depth and outlines.

I use smooth for everything, but I need to break out of it.

I'll check out my tools when I get home and then see where the account lies before I send you a PM.

I use smooth for everything, but I need to break out of it.

I'll check out my tools when I get home and then see where the account lies before I send you a PM.

Sounds like a plan...even if it's not "right on the money" drop me a line anyway, I hate seeing good tools not being put to good use.

On the smooth versus checkered, each definitely have their place. Think of a metal engraving without the hatchmarks, scoring, etc and the reason for checkered bevelers really sinks in. Since I do a lot of blockstyle, straightline & inverted carvings, checkered are the most used on my bench.

All pieces are SOLD, thanks for looking.

Chris