Sign in to follow this  
DarkVault

My Leather Blog

Hey guys, just found this forum, awsome!

My name is Markus and I live in Sweden. Have been working (or rather toying) with leather for some 10+ years, semi-seriously, mainly in the LARP-area.

Just wanted to post my blog if someone is interested. It´s in Swedish, but I guess you can translate with Google, or at least enjoy the pictures =)

Adress: http://blog.darkvault.com

Cheers!

Awsum workmanship..very neat & clean..

Hey guys, just found this forum, awsome!

My name is Markus and I live in Sweden. Have been working (or rather toying) with leather for some 10+ years, semi-seriously, mainly in the LARP-area.

Just wanted to post my blog if someone is interested. It´s in Swedish, but I guess you can translate with Google, or at least enjoy the pictures =)

Adress: http://blog.darkvault.com

Cheers!

Thanks for this, can't understand a word of it, but the pictures are quite nice. Am I correct that you are getting some of your fittings and conchos from Antik?

Thanks for this, can't understand a word of it, but the pictures are quite nice. Am I correct that you are getting some of your fittings and conchos from Antik?

Thank you very much.

There are many many more pictures on www.dakrvault.com also. Try Google translate from Swedish if you want to know what is says =)

Yes I buy some decoration for my bags from Antik.

Thank you very much.

There are many many more pictures on www.dakrvault.com also. Try Google translate from Swedish if you want to know what is says =)

Yes I buy some decoration for my bags from Antik.

DarkVault,

I wonder if you'd answer a question or two.

I'm guessing you like the quality of Antik, since you are using them. But, I'm wondering whether there is any trick to their rivet backed conchos? For example, do you need a special rivet setter? are they burr rivets? and do you need to buy rivet heads from Antik of any specific size? I can't see the back of any of their examples, so I'm not sure how they work and if they are different than what we'd see here in the States.

Any help is appreciated.

DarkVault,

I wonder if you'd answer a question or two.

I'm guessing you like the quality of Antik, since you are using them. But, I'm wondering whether there is any trick to their rivet backed conchos? For example, do you need a special rivet setter? are they burr rivets? and do you need to buy rivet heads from Antik of any specific size? I can't see the back of any of their examples, so I'm not sure how they work and if they are different than what we'd see here in the States.

Any help is appreciated.

Well the quality is not super, but Ok. Some details that are in plastic (stones) may break if you are not carefull. But the all-metal things have been Ok so far.

The back of their riveted conchos are just like a spot-stud; you put on the female cap (included) and hammer it flat to secure it to the leather. There is quite alot of force used to this, and the conchos don´t break , so I guess they are quite sturdy. I only use a rubber cutting-mat underneath during this pricess; if you use it on a bare anvil, it might deform the concho.

My guess is that it´s the same design as in the states, there wouldn´t be much of a point to make it different over here, I think?

If you want I can get a picture of the backside of a few?

1346687896[/url]' post='262943']

Well the quality is not super, but Ok. Some details that are in plastic (stones) may break if you are not carefull. But the all-metal things have been Ok so far.

The back of their riveted conchos are just like a spot-stud; you put on the female cap (included) and hammer it flat to secure it to the leather. There is quite alot of force used to this, and the conchos don´t break , so I guess they are quite sturdy. I only use a rubber cutting-mat underneath during this pricess; if you use it on a bare anvil, it might deform the concho.

My guess is that it´s the same design as in the states, there wouldn´t be much of a point to make it different over here, I think?

If you want I can get a picture of the backside of a few?

Thanks for the info.

It would be very helpful to get a photo of the back.

Hej Markus och Välkommen :-)

Jag har sett dina grejor förut, (Deviantart tror jag?) och tycker...They're Awesome :thumbsup:

nice site, could you please pm me?

Amazing work ! Impressive web site as well ,nicely done ! I really enjoyed the bags . Thanks for showing us this . Bill

Thanks for the info. It would be very helpful to get a photo of the back.

Realy sorry for the mega-delay. Real life got in the way of my online-life. Won´t happen again =) I have uploaded a picture of the back of the conchos here => www.darkvault.com/conchos.jpg

Hope this helps!

Hej Markus och Välkommen :-) Jag har sett dina grejor förut, (Deviantart tror jag?) och tycker...They're Awesome :thumbsup:

Hejhej och tack =) Nja något Deviantart har jag faktiskt inte, bara min blogg. Men jag har ju hållt på ett tag så bilder sprids runt =)

Thanks for the info. In the mean time, I did order from them and generally like what I got. The process was not easy, but I'll chalk it up to cultural and language differences. In the end, I felt a bit "tolerated" as a customer, but I suspect I'll order again.

Though I've made some stuff that uses their conchos, I've not actually set their rivets yet. I like the look of them. But they do look a tiny bit different, so I'll be crossing my fingers when I give them a whack to set them.