hidepounder

Tooled Panel For The Lc & Sj Sep/oct Issue Cover.

Just got my issue today definitely prefer your version Bobby, looks like someone messed around in Photoshop before it went to the printers or the printer changed the colouring them self. Being a graphic designer I deal with printers a lot and they drive me nuts when they change the colouring. If you do more covers which I hope you do as I love looking at your work see if they can provide you with a proof first before it goes to the printer so you know if they are doing any of their own so called colour enhancement.

Love the little lizard

Cheers,

Clair

Thanks capster, Tina, Dave and Clair! I sure appreciate all your kind comments! The color issue isn't that big of a deal with me. I have learned through getting my book published that controlling colors can be very difficult. I suspect the panel was scanned/photographed by the printer and then returned to the Journal before a comparison was done. That's the case with my photo as well. I took pictures and then rushed off to get the panel in the mail and I know from experience that when I take photos, I don't get the settings right and then I have to manipulate the photo to try to compensate for my lack of photography skills, so my photo is a little off also. There is also the problem of color interpretation between the screen and the printer itself. There are just so many variables! But I have to tell you that I'm just shallow enough that I love hearing that you like my version better, LOL!!

Bobby

2 years ago I took a class in Sheridan, I was talking to one of the other students about different classes. In the conversation Bob`s name was mentioned, this guy went on to tell me what a great class Bob had on floral design. So this year I took It. WOW!! Talk about shortening up the learning curve. By far the best class I`ve taken in Sheridan bar none. If you cant learn from Bob`s class your hopeless. I think everyone who took the class agreed. His teaching methods are clear, concise, and encouraging.

I know this sounds like a lot of sugar coating, but Bob Park is the real deal. If you cant get out and take his classes, I recommend you get his book. Your floral designs will improve overnight.

Steve Lazy Y Leather

2 years ago I took a class in Sheridan, I was talking to one of the other students about different classes. In the conversation Bob`s name was mentioned, this guy went on to tell me what a great class Bob had on floral design. So this year I took It. WOW!! Talk about shortening up the learning curve. By far the best class I`ve taken in Sheridan bar none. If you cant learn from Bob`s class your hopeless. I think everyone who took the class agreed. His teaching methods are clear, concise, and encouraging.

I know this sounds like a lot of sugar coating, but Bob Park is the real deal. If you cant get out and take his classes, I recommend you get his book. Your floral designs will improve overnight.

Steve Lazy Y Leather

Steve,

After a build up like that, I can't not respond, but I wouldn't know where to start except to say thanks very much and where should I send the check? :) We had a good group this year and you did very well. Thanks again for your support!!!

Bobby

I couldn`t except -well maybe- all right you can send me the check!! LOL.

Hidepounder.. Ditto what other folks have said, plus one word from me.. Superb :)

Regards

Phil

Thanks Horrrk and ACarver! I appreciate your comments very much!

ACarver....did you get the info you needed on the book?

Looks awesome Bob! What does the leather journal contain? Do I need it? how about your book? It seems like its well liked, but I know nothing about it...

Mike

Looks awesome Bob! What does the leather journal contain? Do I need it? how about your book? It seems like its well liked, but I know nothing about it...

Mike

There is a lot of good information in the Journal and I definitely recomend subscribing. It's full of tips and "how to" articles. You will also see a variety of suppliers that you may not be aware of. It's a great publication.

My book is about drawing tooling patterns. I am not one of those people with natural drawing skills. I have always struggled with designing patterns and this book details a mechanical progression that I use to come up with tooling patterns.

Edited by hidepounder

post-5-0-20564700-1348680631_thumb.jpg

Here is the info for ordering Bob's book.