Iron Pounder

Singer 111W153 Marking Top Of Leather

I'm getting a mark from the center foot. I have the tension all the way let off to the point the leather will lift up some. The machine runs out very nice other than that. Is there an adjustment to how far down that foot goes and if so does that adjustment alter the timing of that foot by making the adjustment? It makes the mark on 2oz leather and 9 oz basically the same.

post-20435-092806900 1346447782_thumb.jp

Edited by Iron Pounder

I can answer part of your query, yes there is an adjustment and it should not alter the timing.

Problem is I can't remember the screw that loosens that bar.

Loosen the screw that holds the foot on the bar, see if the foot is all the way up on the bar.

Wiz or Bob Kovar can tell you more if they visit this evening.

ferg

I'm getting a mark from the center foot. I have the tension all the way let off to the point the leather will lift up some. The machine runs out very nice other than that. Is there an adjustment to how far down that foot goes and if so does that adjustment alter the timing of that foot by making the adjustment? It makes the mark on 2oz leather and 9 oz basically the same.

Edited by 50 years leather