RandyJ

Motorcycle Seat

Recently completed my first "chooper style" saddle. Actually created a way to mount it on my '01 Heritage. The first test ride was a one-day, 1001 mile, 17 hour pleasure cruise out to Glacier National Park (check that one off the bucket list!). Seat performed well, but I think is best suited for shorter distances... say 700 miles or so.

7/8 oz. leather; 1/4" kangaroo lace; 1/2" of neoprene.

Thanks for looking!

post-20156-062314200 1346688376_thumb.jp

post-20156-007940800 1346688392_thumb.jp

post-20156-069461300 1346688407_thumb.jp

Thanks David ~ I mocked-up the seat with cardboard, exact size and arc. My neighbor works for a large commercial lawnmower manufacturer. He actually had the shop guys laser cut the steel and add the proper bend. After that I welded the pins to the bottom that sit inside the 2" springs. The front of the seat is attached with a hinge I modified. All metal was then powdercoated black.

Thanks again,

Randy

That's cool! Now you got me thinking about something similar for my Road King, except I have one of the old school HD seat pans and a big chrome seat rail. That'd be nice if I could pull that off. Yours looks like it came that way. Nice leather on the rear fender too.

Thanks for the compliments Bobby! Learned a lot on this one... can't wait for the next~