daveydude

Scabbard For Larp Dagger

Made this scabbard for a new dagger I picked up recently. Weathered & beaten look is intentional - I like my LARP stuff to look lived-in.

post-22869-093599200 1346724337_thumb.jp

post-22869-066954500 1346724349_thumb.jp

1346724383[/url]' post='263023']

Made this scabbard for a new dagger I picked up recently. Weathered & beaten look is intentional - I like my LARP stuff to look lived-in.

Oh, quite nice. Very period-connected feel to whole piece. Strangely enough I'm drawn to how you connected the belt straps. That's a nice detail. Where did you get the concho ?

I love the look. Very Norse style scabbard attachment system. I'm gonna steal your idea of using the leather tabs to hold the rings. I've only seen the brass tabs.

I bet they don't let you onto the field of combat with that sharp knife?

Really nice craftwork!

May I ask how you made the Weathered & beaten look? A rock on the leather while it is moisty?

I love that people mistake Latex weapons for real ones. We had an off-duty ghost car pull over and grab one of our guys walking home. Dude was wearing real scale mail and carrying a latex two handed sword over his shoulder walking down the street to the bus. He explained things to the officer and everything was fine.

I love the sheath. I've made a few simple ones and the short and long strap make a lot more sence to me now. I have a simple trick for weathering my gear.... ....I just LARP in it a lot. :)

I figure you got that texture on the strap by rolling or curling it and then dying it?

Mark Charke