equiss

Possible Worth Of Barely Used Machine

Hi all,

I have a BARELY used Toro 2000 that I love, it MAYBE has about 10 hours total on it; I bought it when Steve was still at the company, and I bought it to use for saddle construction and just haven't got that far. I just got laid off of my job and am thinking of selling it, but I have no idea what used machines are selling for or what a fair asking price would be for it.

I had to have the bobbin casing replaced because (my fault) I broke a needle and that somehow damaged the original casing, other than that....it is in new condition.

Any ideas what it might be worth? I think I paid $2150 plus the shipping, obviously I can't recover shipping costs....but I don't think there is a blue book for sewing machines available either?

Thank you

Charlene

OK - maybe it is the 3000; the 9" arm.......

OK - maybe it is the 3000; the 9" arm.......

We have a section of the LW forums called Market Place, containing a sub-directory for selling used sewing equipment. Why not offer it for sale for the highest offer over say $1200 (whatever)? Keep in mind that new 9 inch arm machines usually cost about $2,000, plus or minus. Run your ad for a month and sell it to the highest bidder, if they are still interested.

We have a section of the LW forums called Market Place, containing a sub-directory for selling used sewing equipment. Why not offer it for sale for the highest offer over say $1200 (whatever)? Keep in mind that new 9 inch arm machines usually cost about $2,000, plus or minus. Run your ad for a month and sell it to the highest bidder, if they are still interested.

Hi there - I know we have the Market Place....since there isn't (that I know of) a "blue book" for leather stitching machines, I was trying to see what people that have the experience and knowledge might think my machine might be worth in "next to new" condition. If only $1200 it isn't worth selling to me; I'll keep it. I realize that new ones right now are about $2100; I was just trying to get a good range of it's worth before I determined if I offered it up for sale - but thank you for the suggestion, it is something to keep in mind!

Charlene

I don't think Wiz was saying it's worth any single dollar amount of money. He simply stated a fact that there is an appropriate place to put it.

That' all I saw in his post.

Keep it..sell it. Your choice.

Kevin

I would keep it. Plus now you have the time to do things you wanted to do. For a price i wouldn't sell it for less than 1600.00 used Bosses are selling for 1100.00. If you sell it you'll just be buying another one down the line i bet. JMHO Good with what ever you decide to do.