Sign in to follow this  
leatheroo

side quiver

another quiver hits the road...i dont get much money for these, so i have to keep it quick and simple. the lacing makes me cringe abit, but for the money thats all the effort they get...

dont you hate it when lacing, there are only about 6 holes to go and the lacing runs out!!!! i seem to do this all the time

DSCF0633.jpg

post-4514-1217723370_thumb.jpg

Roo,

I know what you mean.

I have an old Tandy Lace Aid wheel. It is two card board disc with a wedge missing from the smaller. They are are held together at their centers so that one rotates on top of the other, no comments please. The bottom disc has various lacing styles and associated set of numbers representing the amount or lace required. The upper disc has the number of inches to be laced. It is useful. My How to Lace book also had "rules of thumb" for estimating the amount of lace required for a length of edge to be laced. It would appear that you used Single Loop/ Single Cordovan lace style, and according to the rule of thumb, the amount of lace required would be 5 1/2 times the distance to be laced. I always add another 6 to 12 inches just to make sure. Of course on larger jobs like a Bi-Fold Folio, I have to do the lacing in sections simply because of the amount of lace to pull through each hole.

The quiver looks good.

:clapping:  Very nice. Like the image too. What I have done in the past is make practice pieces with scrap and play with the distance between holes.  I also bevel both sides before starting my lacing.

Storm

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I love the lace work! The color is great! Great job!!!

I love it! I have been looking for a quiver design to use for an Order of the Arrow ceremny and yours looks perfect.

cal

Very nice work as usual Roo!

Very nice quiver Roo!

I've been doing so much basketweaving lately so I don't feel bothered by running out of lace and splicing however at the end it's no fun to make a splice and then right after that finish the braid so what I do if I get to this is that I cut the lace and splice on a new piece some 4-6 inches (10-15cm) before the finish.

I just picked up a compound bow so now you really got me tempted...

Tom