Sign in to follow this  
SooperJake

Dummy Or Not?

Does anyone think advertising "molded with a real firearm" would gain favor with a prospective customer, especially when they are buying from your website?

Jake

It could help, but then again, it might hurt sales as customers may expect you to mold to a gun exactly like theirs.

I prefer to mold with a boning tool or an antler, etc... using a real firearm for molding seems like it would be awkward and potentially damage the damp leather if the front sight gets snagged or something...

And sometimes the dummy runs faster than you do, I suppose? ;)

I prefer to mold with a boning tool or an antler, etc... using a real firearm for molding seems like it would be awkward and potentially damage the damp leather if the front sight gets snagged or something...

Bronson

Many dummy guns are under-sized. Nothing like sitting in the chief-of-police's office with his new holster that he waited 4 months for to find the retention strap had to be stretched and, although the bluegun snapped in-and-out perfectly, we had to do a tug-of-war to get his Glock back out once seated. Yeah, good times...