Sign in to follow this  
JohnBarton

Stuff We Are Working On.

Amazing you are a gifted man and so is your crew of workers

Y'all are busy! Very nice work!

Beautiful work. Would you share how you got the purple color in the 9th pic? It's exactly the color I need for a personal project. Maby greetingsJonathan

Beautiful work. Would you share how you got the purple color in the 9th pic? It's exactly the color I need for a personal project. Maby greetingsJonathan

We get purple premixed from our supplier here and here we mixed in some blue to adjust the shade and thin it out with water. We generally do color samples for the customer until they are happy with the shade. I'd show you the bottle but it wouldn't do any good as it's packaged for China. Fwiw we use syringes to mix colors and try to write down our mixes so we can repeat them later.

Thanks for your reply. I was afraid, that I needed to mix it myself. I guess I have to try. :)

Have a nice Sunday

Looks like you have lots to do How do you get your purple to look so clean mine always comes out blotchy.

Doug

Use good clean leather. We find a lot that lighter colors tend to highlight every flaw in the skin even when you can't see it before applying color. So now we buy ultra clean corrected grain which we use for the lighter stained pieces. Even then we sometimes will end up with blotchy pieces. When that happens someone else will be getting a black or dark brown case later. :-)

Maybe some of the pros here have other tips. We generally will test on a scrap piece of the same leather before doing the whole piece. Sometimes that works and sometimes we still get funny spots. Other than that I don't have any advice but I will sure take any that I can get.