Sign in to follow this  
Eve

Bag And Jacket

Hello

This is some thing I have made recently, I hope you can give me some advice to improving my work.

The bag has leather interior insert and full pig hide lining, the checker fabric just cover the leather frame to match the jacket I have made, and the photo shown the bag has a thinner chain, actually I have changed to a slightly bigger chain.

Cheers!

post-30659-054274900 1348023011_thumb.jp

post-30659-042214200 1348023100_thumb.jp

Hi ,I dont know any thing about fashion things like these . What one can do is respect the artist and the time spent from conception to completion . Each cut from the layout to the step by step assembly for that you have my applause . You need some feed back from the women here . Just a short hello from America one artist to another . Keep on trying ! Bill

Hello

This is some thing I have made recently, I hope you can give me some advice to improving my work.

The bag has leather interior insert and full pig hide lining, the checker fabric just cover the leather frame to match the jacket I have made, and the photo shown the bag has a thinner chain, actually I have changed to a slightly bigger chain.

Cheers!

Hello Bill

Thankyou so much for your compliment =)

ActuallyI'm a very immature leather-working and tailoring person, I have onlymade totally 7 - 8 bags so far, I must admit that each bag I made I learn a lotof different things, and I can see my small improvement each time that is whatkeeps me going, it is very hard to learn leather-working without a teacher (I'm learning it from the books or internet / forum), butthink goodness I found this forum.

Asfor this bag, there is some problem with it, for example, I can’t align theback and front checker to fit perfectly (inexperienced >.<), and the pighide lining was too big for the outer layer so I have to force it down, and I had made the locket position too low, etc.

Ireally hope some of you can give me some good advice, so next time I can make fewermistakes =)

Regards!

You did a nice job on the bag. but i think leathercrafters want to see leather in at least a large part of you bag. what I would have done is recreate the design of the pattern in leather for the bag. a lot of work I know but the results would be worth it. that way it looks like cloth but is in fact leather and it would look like your jacket. just my IMO.

Panther

Sorry for taking this long to reply, I have been working on my son's school bag for the past few weeks =)

Here is what it is like inside the black and white checker bag

blackwhitechckerinside.jpg

I have used black Pig hide for the lining and there is cow hide frame in between the lining and the cover checker fabric.

Regards