bluesman1951

I Dont Like Change Not One Bit !

The digital world changes on a daily basis so we have get used to it.

I like it to be honest, clean and fresh. Although the top banner needs work as the logo doesn't look right now but i'm sure that will happen at some stage.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate everyone's patience during this transition. We just did a major update and a couple of things aren't working properly yet. The Gallery will be back online shortly, and so will our chat room. I have received more PMs about the blue colors- don't worry! That is the software default, and we will paint the place brown again when we get all the glitches squared away.

You may notice some changes in the board- here are just some of them: There is a topic preview button now, which allows you to see the first and last response to a thread. There is a handy menu on the left side of the forums to let you read and view content your way. Play with it until you figure out what suits your style. We have eliminated some of the clutter on the board like "see similar posts". If you folks want it back, let me know. You can access your profile by clicking on your name or picture top right, and the drop down menu works properly in all browsers again. The inline notifications have been improved and feature watched topics, pms, replies to status updates. You can set all your preferences in your profile.

If you want to contribute to the kitty, please click the subscriptions button. Your account will be credited properly. Contributing "blue" members have additional permissions on the board, more lattitude with uploads, upgraded profiles, can circumvent the delay imposed between posts, have more PM storage and can upload bigger pictures. We also experiment with new features on them from time to time.

If anyone is having trouble logging in, please send an email to admin@leatherworker.net and we will get you fixed up. Please report any problems you notice. If you see a way we could do better, we appreciate your suggestions. We want this board to be so easy to use that even our grouchy leatherworkers have to admit it's "not too bad". To us, that is the highest compliment. This board is for you, and your continued participation is what makes this place great.

Some members have reported a significant increase in the speed of the pages loading. That's worth the temporary inconvenience right there. None of us have time to wait. I don't miss "The page you requested is loading, click here if you don't want to wait" messages. I'm also curious to know how you are seeing the board on your mobile devices. Is there anything I can do to make that a better experience? Please use this thread to give us some feedback on all these issues. We want to do our best to make this board easy to use and customize for all members.

Thank you all!

Johanna

Some members have reported a significant increase in the speed of the pages loading. That's worth the temporary inconvenience right there.

That was one of the first things I noticed. This site has always loaded horibly slow every since you did the last update. The speed is better now.

Aaron

My vote: I Like the 'see simlair posts" feature - it takes me to places I may not have found. Thanks for the hard work.

The one thing that never changes in this world is that "change is inevitable".

My great grandfather lost his life's savings, everything: chose the wrong side in the civil war.

His son in law passed on after he did a major vocational shift. Cars killed his "blacksmith" trade, so he became a farmer, but not knowing anything about them new fangled machines, he relied on horse and mule power until he died.

My father was drafted for WW2 and released, his reading and writing skills were not sufficient for their needs, but were enough to get him by for 64 years.

Uhhh, . . . change is here, . . . just make believe it is the front porch swing, . . . flow with it, . . . don't like going backward, . . . it'll go the other way in a few seconds, . . . you can be happy then.

May God bless,

Dwight

I also like the "See similar posts" feature. It was really helpful for me several times & also directed me to other very cool posts.

I especially found that it was helpful on my mobile device (what I am on primarily - including now).

Looks great and works great on my iPad. Thanks for all the hard work.

I think is a great update. Have experienced major Speed increase. N my iPad everything's looking fine.

Thanks for the work.

Edit: even quick reply works on the iPad now. Before the update I had to hit return twice to get the effect of a Break.

Is it possible to allow image uploading from the iPad? I guess that not, but it would be great :)

Edited by Jazznow

Looks awesome!

Don't know whether it was a previous update or a new computer, but it's been a long time since I saw a border around the photos and could toggle between them. I had to back arrow to the post and click on the next photo. Now the borders are back and clicking on the right or left side of the photo moves me to the next or the previous photo. Thank you for restoring that feature!!

Mike

They call that feature the "lightbox" and I never could get it to work right in all browsers on the old board. I like the way it lets you keep your place (you don't lose the window when you click out of a picture) and it has a pretty good resizer built into the upload feature.

Some more cool things are coming...stay tuned!

~J

With the new color combos I can't read the secondary writing under the main post title. The gray just blends in with the brown, it needs more contrast.

I'm playing with colors now. Gallery is back online (but not sorted yet!) and we have a new full-featured chat room! More to come... :)

The new top banners with the Finders that support the site is great! Almost all the color combinations are good too! ALMOST. The ORANGE BACKGROUND has got to go. White was OK, and still is! MY $.02.

Kevin

LOL..You ARE playing with colours, aren't you.. I go out for a few hours, come back and everything is brown.!! :) Haha!

Just so's you know, Johanna..some of the posts in different areas are still white for some reason and whilst I'm here typing, I've looked across and the 'More Reply Options' button text is hard to read, now it has a brown background.. The 'Post' button is fine, as its still white text on black.. ;)

Apart from that, its getting more homely in here already.!! :)

Regards

Phil

Much better! I know it's a work in progress, and yes progress is being made. Thank you for all the hard work to keep this site up and relevant!!! THANK YOU.

I'm playing with the colors- trying to get an easy to read clear look. It may change 100 more times today. :)

Playing with colors is fun.....enjoy.

Ok, still can't edit..lol

I was gonna say, don't worry about my comment on the white posts..I think I've sussed that it means that I've read the last post in them.. ;)

Cheers

Phil

Looks great. You're doing an awesome job with it!

LOVE THE BROWN?TAN and white text areas

MUCH BETTER THAN THe blue grey

I don't know what you changed/added yesterday but something sure anchored the loading speed. Things have been running faster every since the update. Now the brakes are on again.

I don't know what you changed/added yesterday but something sure anchored the loading speed. Things have been running faster every since the update. Now the brakes are on again.

I agree.

It is super sloooooooooooow today.