Double U Leather

Floral Bible Cover

Here's the latest from the bench. I tried something new regarding flower sizes after reading about the "7 to 5" ratio. It turned out pretty sharp. I'd liked to have thought through the flower sizing a bit further to alleviate two big ones at the bottom, but the customer is thrilled so that's all that matters. Take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks for looking and stay blessed.

post-7660-0-74866000-1348247428_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-19154800-1348247444_thumb.jp

Very nice work as always! I like what you did on the spine.

Bob

Thanks Bob. I learned something with that spine part. I had drawn the lines where the beader blade would run before I did the circles. Oops...circles had lines in them. So, I just pebbled the circles to cover the lines. The whole circle part itself was an adventure too. Large circle=large snap, medium circle=medium snap, smaller circles=various hole punches...LOL. Sort of redneck way to do things, but that's pretty much who I am. Thanks again for the compliments.

It's beautiful, honestly it is. Cheryl

Is that a binding around the cover, or is it a beveled line that's sewn?

What antique/background dye (colors) combination did you use? I see it is on most all of your work. Really nice contrast!

pete

I Love your work - and I am sure glad your customer is thrilled. I imagine when that Bible is in your hands

the last thing they are going to be thinking is 'any little thing you think is wrong'. It's a Gorgeous piece of work.

Love the circles on the spine!

ps: what is the "7 to 5" ratio and where were you reading about it? please / :thankyou:

Edited by LNLeather

Thanks all for the kind words.

Pete...No it's not a binding. Simply a beveled line dyed and then stitched. As for background, it's dyed with a Feibings brown and then antiqued in mahogany.

LNL...I found that 7 to 5 ratio surfing thru FB. I found Cary Schwarz page and was looking at pictures and there was a close up of a couple flowers and he asked for any guesses to the ratio. The more I read, the more it sorta made sense.

Thanks again everyone for the nice words.

Cary's video about layout talks quite a bit about the 7 to 5 ratio. It is very appealing for sure. Good job. That's the fun isn't it, about the time you think you're getting things figured out, here comes something that makes it look that much better. RW

RW...I don't know if I ever got to the place where I thought I was getting things figured out...LOL. I know that every time I stumble across another little tidbit, I figure it might get me that much closer to tooling like the guru's. Speaking of which, I just ordered Bob Park's book the other day. I can't wait to browse through that and see if I can't learn something. I told him that if nothing else, maybe by osmosis, I could gain some insight...LOL. Anyway, thanks for the compliment. I wish I had the funds to get one of Cary's videos. He's ridiculously talented. Him, Bob, Don Butler, etc., etc., sometimes make me want to melt my tools down and hammer 'em into fishing lures.

Beautiful!

Thank you Volpert. I appreciate the compliment.

Real pretty..and I love the mix of flower sizes and types..it adds interest to the eye.. ;)

Regards

Phil

Double U, if I were talking to someone else about leather work, I would have to change your statement some. "He's ridiculously talented. Him, Bob, Don Butler, etc., etc.,", I would replace the first "etc" with your name.

Thanks guys for the compliments.

Dennis...I appreciate that would even put me in the same library that contains the same book, that contains the same chapter, that contains a sentence with those other guys. I, personally, don't think I'm there yet...not really even close. But, I am striving to get closer. Oh, and I forgot some of the new young guns like Brody Bolton, Travis Stillson, etc. Safe to say I'll always have something to shoot for. Anyway, thanks for the compliment. It means alot to me.