KAYAK45

Fight A Wife!

So she wants to repare/ replace the old 1" BLINDS IN THE kitchen. Why don't you just re-build them? She asks??

I say, too much work!\

She says, isn't that what your SANDER, Boot finisher, AIR PAINT BRUSH, THREAD, sewing machines are for? Etc. Is for!

Help me exlaine all these machines are not for household duty????? LOL

She does not understand! HELP!

Kevin HAHAHAHAHAH

Venetian Blinds? OMG that would be a nightmare to rebuild.

Good Luck with that!

Kevin, you have an INCREDIBLE opportunity.....Tell her the machines you have won't do that detail work and you need another one!!! Then....go buy some new blinds in a different color and stage out your work area with some spilled paint, scrap pieces, etc.

Oh, and you might need a new truck to go pick up your machine....:)

This isn't making lemonade from lemons.....this is opening a nationwide franchise of lemonade stands!!!!

OMG! You are really ahead of me! I bow to you, OB1. I NEED A CAMPBELL. to do this! Thank you, oh guided one.! I will do the kitchen NOW, with your guidance!

thank You, Devine one!

Kevin, LOL!

Looks like an opportunity to buy more leather supplies!

You can cover all the slats with thin leather, even make the blinds multi colour. If you get wild enough with the colours, she might never ask to have you fix anything ever again!

You could go even further by laying out a pattern (sort of like patch work) for each side so the blind shows a different pattern inside and out when closed. It could even say "GO AWAY" when closed, or something even more startling. Could have a lot of fun with this project.

CTG

There are some things that just require more work than they are worth. Vertical blinds are one of those things. Unless you have a bunch of spare time on your hands, I vote for buying new ones!

I can not even fathom how did you end up with this situation.

First of all how does she know which tools you have?

Second, what do you have to do with the kitchen and why would she even expect you to know where it is?

Least of all doesn't she know that restoration may potentially damage patina.

The whole thing is just wrong!

Never Fear Life Choices. Twin Oaks did me a favor! New 7" post machine arrives Thursday! Just what I needed to do the wood blinds!

A little paint spill, a couple worn sandpapers, and Voila! Like new, well really new, Blinds. AAANNNDD a new machine. So what, the blinds cost $1,200, including the machine. What a great bargain!

THANKS MIKE!

Kevin

Yeah, I used to have problems like that Kayak45. I solved it though. I call it marital realignment ..... single now.

I don't have 45 kayaks, but I have 4. I wouldn't have been able to pull that off under the old regime!

I can whip up a phoney webpage you can show your wife called "Martha Stewart shows you how to redecorate your home with these basic supplies from Barry King, Herman Oak, Tech-Sew, and more."

Just get a few cans of paint and hand them to her....let her spray paint them.