I've been sketching and working a lot lately on a couple of new projects. Here is a prototype for a bushcraft style knife leather sheath for Fällkniven F1.

The sheath is fully ambidextrous and customisable. Possibility for both horizontal and vertical carry. Modular design if user wants to add a fire steel or utility pouch. Buckles so the knife would be easy to add and remove from a belt or a bag. The straps can be removed and exchanged if necessary or replaced with cord or strap directly through the sheath. 2,5 mm vegetable tanned full grain leather, brass hardware, my first try with saddle soap polished edges.

Fully modular design if user wants to add a fire steel or utility pouch.

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

P1010523+%28Medium%29.JPG

P1010524+(Medium).JPG

P1010528+(Medium).JPG

P1010532+(Medium).JPG

P1010552+(Medium).JPG

P1010538+(Medium).JPG

Beautiful work! Looks well thought out. The edges look great! I notice you don't have a tie down slot - do you find your customers like a tie down or don't really care for it?

nice ! I love seeing new designs.

Beautiful work! Looks well thought out. The edges look great! I notice you don't have a tie down slot - do you find your customers like a tie down or don't really care for it?

Thanks for the input! I'm glad you like it. I've pondered about some kind of strap or latch but the knife sits very deep and secure in the sheath. I have another model with a closing strap, I might add that to this model as well. It might be possible to make it removable for those that do not care for it.

Snyggt jobbat, Edvin! dessutom en smart design !

Beautiful work and a smart design!

/ Knut

smoera bred roemtomtoem!!

No kiddn, nice work.....very solid and clean....little to much for my taste but good....dont care for the straps....I do not see a protective aditional layer of leather sandwitched between the to main layer to protect the thread from being cut by the inserted blade!?

Thanks for sharing, show us some more of your works...

James

smoera bred roemtomtoem!!

No kiddn, nice work.....very solid and clean....little to much for my taste but good....dont care for the straps....I do not see a protective aditional layer of leather sandwitched between the to main layer to protect the thread from being cut by the inserted blade!?

Thanks for sharing, show us some more of your works...

James

Thanks James! There is a welt to stop the blade from cutting through, it's not very clear but it's there! :)

I do enjoy making some more modern sheaths, it's a nice break from the more embellished ones with a lot of metal work.

Here are some other sheath variations I've made:

622770_390506161021394_1703962854_o.jpg

133239_388666167872060_519053197_o.jpg

Very nice designs, Love the dark one :clapping:

Edited by Tina

Got a couple of orders for this kind of sheaths so I've been making a few more. Hope you like it!

Full grain leather (2,5 mm), waxed linen thread. The pancake sheath is treated with beeswax.

P1010839.JPG

P1010843.JPG

P1010847.JPG

P1010852.JPG

Mattias_pankaksskida_S1+%281%29.JPG

Mattias_pankaksskida_S1+%282%29.JPG

Mattias_pankaksskida_S1+%284%29.JPG

Mattias_pankaksskida_S1+%283%29.JPG