Hilly

Cobra Class 3 For Sale

Hi all. It's been quite some time since I've checked in here, and this place has really changed since my last visit!

I'm down on my luck with my husband being unemployed for the last 10 months, and no unemployment benefits at all. We are out of funds in the bank, and the bills never stop coming, and I am forced to start selling my own stuff just to make the bills, as my job just doesn't pay me enough. :bawling:

I have a Cobra Class 3 Leather Machine which was used only a few times since I bought it new. I never got comfortable with it, and have continued to sew by hand, so it is in like new condition (just a bit dusty). I am asking $1500.00 for it, you pick up. I live in central Wisconsin. Anyone interested?

Forgot to mention, it comes with all the goodies a new one comes with, plus the attachable work table thingy - an $85.00 value.

Sorry to hear about your troubles... just went through 4 years of that myself. Finally getting back in my feet. I'm not interested in the Cobra... but if you need a supportive ear, or $$$ saving ideas PM me. I could probably right a book. ;)

Sylvia!

Is this the same Sylvia from JamPlay???

Hello, sorry to hear about your troubles. Is the machine still for sale?

Hi. Yes, it's still available.

I'm very interested in this machine if you still have it. I tried to leave a message last night but it would not let me because I just joined the group. I'm interested in making horse tack for me and my daughter and if I get good at it I might start making some to sale. LOL!!! Do you have some pics of the machine with the table and accessories? You can contact me at (251) 689-4576 or tonyamtjm@aol.com. Thank You Tonya. Also I pray that your husband finds a job so that you can get back on your feet.

Hi Tonya. I don't have any pics of it, but if you go here:

http://www.leathermachineco.com/catalog.php?item=2

you can see a photo of the exact same thing. Mine is just a little dustier at the moment!

Could you call me, so we can talk about the machine and as to how I could get it? My # (251) 689-4576.

Could you call me, so we can talk about the machine and as to how I could get it? My # (251) 689-4576.

Tonya, you would have to arrange to pick it up. It weighs a LOT, and I can't wrangle it down to the local UPS store :)

I have contacted the UPS store in Stevens Point, Wisconsin and will receive a call tomorrow from the manager to see if they can come to your place and package it and ship it to me. I well contact you as soon as I receive info on this and how much it will cost.

That would be fine however, I think that FedEx would be a better bet. They seem to take better care of stuff in transit, especially if it's insured for a lot of money, or if it could break their toes if they happen to get in the way. I also think they have trucks with hydraulic lifts, which is what it will take to get this on a truck. The machine head alone weighs approx. 80 lbs., and the stand it is on weighs well at least twice that. Plus FedEx always requires a signature, meaning they won't just leave it on your front porch during a monsoon, and drive away. :)

Yeah that's true. I'm just trying to get a idea of what it will cost and if its worth it and if they will even do it. I will get with you when I hear something unless you know of anything else we can try. Thanks

I think you're gonna be surprised to find out what it would cost to ship... :jawdropper:

That's why large/heavy items like sewing machines usually ship as "freight". You might want to check with a shipping company before giving up.

I had a machine shipped from Ohio to PA and if I remember correctly it was a little under 300.00, that was freight between two commercial addresses, it was also on a pallet ready to go from the seller (Bob at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machine). I'm not sure if you can use that as a reference point or not.

Thanks Billy! The only thing is she is not able to move the machine by herself...I don't think so anyway. I don't know if they will come in and package it and if so what they will charge. Just don't know if it's worth it verses buying new. It would be great deal if she was within a 8 hour drive for me to pick it up tho!

My husband said he'd help me get it to the ups store in Stevens Point, if that is at all helpful.

The machine has been sold.

Sylvia!

Is this the same Sylvia from JamPlay???

Yes, the same Syl from Jamplay. Glad to see you sold your machine. That should help for a bit anyway.