Sign in to follow this  
Eve

My Son's School Bag

Hello!

This is the first big project I had ever work on, there is many first on this bag.

1. First big project for such complicated work

2. First time try burnishing the edge learn from Bob Park - Finishing Edges (http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18101)

3. First school bag (I don't have any pattern for it, I just use basic measurement from other suitcase I found on internet to come up with the dimension of the bag, yes everything is my guess around)

cavlinschoolbag1.jpgcavlinschoolbaginsideview.jpgcavlinschoolbagsideview.jpg

The surface is a bit dirty due to I don't have proper work station =( I have to fighting space with my mother's hardware tooling thingy, so there is many black dirt on the cover, as well as my blood stains >.<! I have poked my finger with the needle countless time.

Do give me some advice for my problem, also I have a question will vinegar remove the blood stain? and will it damage the leather?

Cheers!

This is amazingly well done, considering your experience.

As for the blood stains, I believe there are some other discussions about that on the forum - I'll post a link if I can find one.

This is amazingly well done, considering your experience.

As for the blood stains, I believe there are some other discussions about that on the forum - I'll post a link if I can find one.

Thank you so much for your quick reply JustKate =)

Here is my so call work station:

workstation.jpg

toolingchair.jpg

See that wooden chair, that is most of my punching, hammering happens, and I share it with my mother's hardware work >.<!

I usually cut leather on my dinning table, but when the project is too big like my son's school bag, I cut them on the floor =) I have to sew the bag on the floor as well some times....

Thanks for looking!

Hello!

This is the first big project I had ever work on, there is many first on this bag.

1. First big project for such complicated work

2. First time try burnishing the edge learn from Bob Park - Finishing Edges (http://leatherworker...showtopic=18101)

3. First school bag (I don't have any pattern for it, I just use basic measurement from other suitcase I found on internet to come up with the dimension of the bag, yes everything is my guess around)

cavlinschoolbag1.jpgcavlinschoolbaginsideview.jpgcavlinschoolbagsideview.jpg

My compliments made with love and care ,will last a long time . Well done ! Bill The surface is a bit dirty due to I don't have proper work station =( I have to fighting space with my mother's hardware tooling thingy, so there is many black dirt on the cover, as well as my blood stains >.<! I have poked my finger with the needle countless time.

Do give me some advice for my problem, also I have a question will vinegar remove the blood stain? and will it damage the leather?

Cheers!

Well done ,My compliments on creating a fine project under difficult conditions . One can see this was made with love and care . Congradulations time well spent . This will give good service and last a long time . Thanks for the story and showing us your work . I enjoyed very much . Bill

I think it came out very well and looks great. Thanks for posting it. I am not sure about the blood stains but I would test the vinegar on a piece of scrap before I used it. I don't think it will work but I am not sure.

David

The surface is a bit dirty due to I don't have proper work station =( I have to fighting space with my mother's hardware tooling thingy, so there is many black dirt on the cover, as well as my blood stains >.<! I have poked my finger with the needle countless time.

Cheers!

Simply amazing! The bag turned out extremely well. I might suggest the use of a thimble or similar protection for your fingers. Moving them out of the way of the needle might help, too. ;) From personal experience, that is far easier said than done, though. :lol: