billymac814

Sutton 296A Mckay Chain Stitcher (Insole Stitcher)

Up for sale is my Sutton 296a McKay insole stitcher. It is in pretty good condition, me and this machine were never able to see eye to eye so I'm not sure if it may need an adjustment or if its operator error or a little of both but it does function and is still set up in my shop if anyone wants to try it out first. If you're in the market for one of these you already know what they look like so I'm not gonna post pictures but if someone is interested I an email them. It comes with a manual and tools, a few awls and its loaded with Power thread right now.

Price is 1500.00 which is half of what the one on eBay is(the one on eBay is not selling so I assume 3000 is too high).

This machine is really only for the shoe repair/making business. It is very heavy so it'll have to be picked up

Hello, was just wondering if you still have this available? If so please email me at jimbwa@gmail.com, Thanks, Jim

This machine is no longer available but I do have a Landis 88 chain stitcher for sale. I originally said 1000 but ill take 750. New whirl wheel was just installed and it works good.

Thanks but no, we have a chain stitcher and they are...difficult.. to say the least. We really need a lock stitch like a Sutton McKay, thanks anyways.

Thanks but no, we have a chain stitcher and they are...difficult.. to say the least. We really need a lock stitch like a Sutton McKay, thanks anyways.

Yes, you and me both need a lock stitcher. The sutton 296 is a chain stitcher as well. I don't often see lock stitchers come up for sale and when they do they are ridiculously expensive. I can use mine for missiles and things like that but I need a lock stitcher to do soles with exposed stitching, I normally will send those jobs out to have them done since I can't do them well on either of these machines.