Hello everyone,

I haven't been on much at all over the past year, as we have been dealing with family medical issues, and I haven't done much leatherwork during that time, either. This past weekend I had a guy who lives down the road a bit ask me to make him a sheath for one of his JK Handmade Knives that was a one-off design. Here is how it turned out--I don't think it's too shabby for me being out of practice!

post-9937-0-55906100-1349897088_thumb.jp

post-9937-0-38667500-1349897104_thumb.jp

post-9937-0-27295700-1349897114_thumb.jp

I like the way the stitch goes 1/4 way up the spine (there's probably a name for that?) and you can't go wrong with antiqued/distressed finishes in my opinion!

Nice :thumbsup:

I love the "hit it with a hammer while its laying on concrete" embossing....very cool looking..

I'm sure there was magic, wicthcraft, and other nafarious art involved in getting that amazing coloring, but im pretty sure the texture was hammer and the backdrop the knife was photographed on...a very unique look and incredibly eye catching and artistic...