I recently got my new "Hellcat" tattoo and I'm thinking about turning it into my "Hellcat Leathers" logo.

What do ya'll think compared to the current one? I would appreciate any advice. All color or just black? Thanks.

post-5377-0-44113800-1350864397_thumb.jp

post-5377-0-85497800-1350864413_thumb.jp

I like the new design...I guess it's up to you on the color or not. I like the black.

From a marketing standpoint the first one is best and very nice. imho

I have to say that your current one is better as a logo. From an artistic point of view, the tattoo is awsome, but I think it's a bit too complex to use as a business logo myself. You can't just glance at it and know what it is.

Edited by Glendon

Your current logo is the best, clear and easy for the eye to "read" ... (I do love the tattoo too, but as a tattoo :yeah: )

Agree with Glendon & Tina 100% and this is the main reason...

You can't just glance at it and know what it is.

If you just want to have a cool logo, the tat works but if you want a logo folks will recognize easily and be able to recall the the current one is best.

Ditto Glendon, Tina and Spinner on this one. I LOVE your tattoo, but from a business standpoint, I don't think it works as well as your current one for a logo.

Have to Agree to the others. The tat is. Just too fancy.

Keep the current logo.

My main problem is that I can't get in touch with the guy that created my original logo. I need it in B/W and in different file formats and sizes. That's why I was thinking about just using the black outline of my tattoo as part of a new logo. I was going to put a flowing scroll underneath it with the name.

Thanks ya'll for all the input!!!!! I'll probably stick with the old one and try to figure out how to get more files of it.

You need to find a graphic arts and design person. They should be able to shift it to grayscale or to true B&W and set it to a format that you can resize at need (vector is what you need, I think). I know of graphic artist that has done some similar work--he's in Seattle now, but I can see if he's doing commission/freelance work.

I can try to do a little bit of that for you. I'm not highly efficient at it when it comes to vector images and such, but if the job gets done. Let me know. I do a lot of that stuff while I'm sitting in front of the T.V at night.

Edited by Cyberthrasher

From a Marketing standpoint a companies Logo is ideally simple and no more than 2 colors. Think "IBM" and "Apple" Even Team logos are rarely more than 2 colors and are simple images.

The tattoo is lovely but the cost of materials such as letter head, signage, business cards, labels would be entirely too expensive. Keep the original.

Depends on your future plans as far as your art is concerned. If you ever plan on printing shirts, etc A high resolution and large raster image is very important. Vector is great as it is not pixel based and can be size with no worries but not always the end all be all either.

I think the current existing logo is great, and it would be easy to recreate. Plus it's design that would look good and simple with or without color and without gradients. It's always a good idea to have a universal logo color wise that will work as 1 color.