Sign in to follow this  
Shooter McGavin

Clicker Press Wanted

Looking for a nice clicker press with a minimum 12x12 press area. Close to Cleveland Ohio or reasonable enough to ship. Looking to spend up to 2000 on a nice quality press.

Please post here or shoot me a message if you have or know of something. Thanks!

Weaver carries a nice bench top model for about a grand. Tippmann sells one as well. Are your looking for a pneumatic model? Thought about a manual clicker? Even with an air option, you will spend much less. Just throwing it out there.

Thanks for the reply. The weaver only has about an 8x9" area otherwise I would swing down and grab one. The Tippmann might be an option, just not sure if the 7 ton will click what I need it to. Tippmann is only a 4 hour drive so I could always take some dies and some leather and see what happens.

There is an industrial surplus place nearby that has an older hydro-electric press but it is for 3 phase power which I dont have, and the motor looks sort of proprietary, unlike any electric motor I've encountered.

Thanks again!

they make a 3 phase to 220 converter that might work

Do your self a favor and wait until you can find a nice hydraulic clicker press. It will be well worth it as it will turn all your scrap leather in to money..We bought a 3 phase converter and it is great..

I use the Weaver bench top press. The plates I use are right at about 12" wide and 9" deep. I swapped out the 6-ton jack that came with it and got a 12-ton air-over-hydraulic. The price for everything was around $500. When I was making holsters, I could cut out the full size holsters with no problem.

I also had the Tippman 7-ton and 15-ton models. The 7-ton model is not going to work if you're looking to cut out leather thick enough to make holsters. The 15-ton will do that for you with no problem. The downside to the 15-ton is its overall weight. We used to use a engine lift to move it around.

Edited by K-Man