Sign in to follow this  
Suemi

For Every Blessing...

So I received my servo, with speed reducer from Bob at Toledo, thanks Bob. The thing have made my recent couple projects come out nearly perfect. The control is amazing and the adjustments in speed are mind blowing compaired to my old clutch.

I have one question for all you servo pushers...

Why hasn't anyone ever mention how painfull it is to sit through a bobbin winding? haha

All the best,

Rich

Wind a bobbin while your sewing.

..Why hasn't anyone ever mention how painfull it is to sit through a bobbin winding? haha

All the best,

Rich

Hi Rich, you do realize you can turn the speed up on the motor for the bobbin winding, right? Just reach down under the table, turn the knob on the end of the motor all the way to the faster sider, wind your bobbins then adjust it back to where you were. Hope that helps.

The speed reducer is always active, so even at the highest speed setting, it's going to take three times as long to wind.

Tom

I see why womans claims to better @ multi tasking

:rofl:

I wind my bobbins very fast, have servos on both of my machines.

ferg

Sorry for the late reply but yes, with the larger bobbin it does take some time. I errupted in laughter and thought I would share. As for winding while I sew...Dirtcold, that's pretty amazing. I think I have ruined enough leather to try and learn that trick.

I guess I will just have marathon winding sessions on my cluth set up before jumping back on my servo machine.

All the best,

Rich

Sorry for the late reply but yes, with the larger bobbin it does take some time. I errupted in laughter and thought I would share. As for winding while I sew...Dirtcold, that's pretty amazing. I think I have ruined enough leather to try and learn that trick.

I guess I will just have marathon winding sessions on my cluth set up before jumping back on my servo machine.

All the best,

Rich

Setup a winder using a variable speed electric drill.

Tom

Are you guys serious or just joking? what is the problem of winding bobbin as you sew. Do you have only one spool of the prefered thread or do you lack bobbins. I always wind bobbins in every size and colors as I sew. Automatique.....21. century low tech solution....

I have a small old domestic sewing machine for projects that don't call for anything heavy duty, it has a bobbin winder on the top. I just stick the bobbin on there and wind up a few and set them aside for later use! Or as others mentioned, a drill works great too.

There is another post somewhere here where the poster said he rigged up a domestic sewing machine motor to drive a bobbin winder. He kept the foot speed control and locked it at the speed he wanted.

Another good reason to wind the bobbins separately is so you can observe and control how the thread is laying in the bobbin. Hard to observe this while sewing. I imagine some bobbin winders do a better job than others, so not necessarily needed for all cases.

Tom

All the best,

Rich

Yea it's a pretty hard trick to learn !!!! You may want to wait till you get some more time on your machine before you try it !!

Adjust and thread your bobbin winder right, you might want to let the thread twice around the tension disk and loosen up the tension a bit to get consistensy in your winding. It is more that one way to do it, ask the guys in the factories. They do not hire a person to wind bobbins, they adjust the winder right.