Jimbob

My Inspirations...

Fantasy art in leather is one of my little loves and often I go back to my older drawings and picture carve some of these in leather or offer them to people wanting some art on their bike seats....bending or altering the motives a bit...thought I share the source of my templates with ya all...now dont get exited, its only fantasy art...haha...

Hope some of ya like it,,,

By the way, this wb gallery is a good source of getting ideas...

Greetings, buckle up and go for a ride....fantasy is right around the corner...!!

Thanks for checking it out......

Jimbob

http://www.elfwood.com/~alien883

Cheers for the link, Jim..some decent drawings on your page.. ;)

It's always good to have differing areas for inspiration..

Thanks again..

Regards

Phil

Thanks ya all...sometimes I have to lay down the leather tools and grab a brush or a pencil....then I push my inner button and take off to foreign lands of fantasy and artistry....I draw and then draw some more, paint and latly I do pinstripe everything I get my hands on......When I finally come back to myself...to my senses says my wife...haha...then I just lay down my pencil and da brush and go back at it at the leather bench.....Or I grab a mopp and do the floors, then do the dishes and later make the beds....BUT that's another story...heheheee..

And yeah, there are many good images to get fine ideas from!!

Glad ya all liked it.

James

and latly I do pinstripe everything I get my hands on......

James

Yeah James..I got some striping brushes a year or two ago and finally tried them this year, before I came across leatherwork, but I found the tip of the brush too remote from my fingers, if you know what I mean..

Woodcarving is direct, leatherwork is direct too..you're linked to the end of the tool more..

I think practice is what was lacking and I may come back to it eventually..its just not as intuitive for me..LOL

Regards

Phil