Hello, I was wondering if there are any other leathercraft stores other than; Tandy Lather Factory and Hobby Lobby.

I am looking for stores with reasonably priced equipment and supplies.

Any other stores any of you guys can think of?

As long as you don't mind buying online, there are quite a few actually. First thing you will want to do is check out the banner ads at the top of this page. I know, they are usually worthless, but here at LW.net, they are a major community resource.

www.springfieldleather.com I love these guys. Was a Tandy until it was bought by the then menager. Small business, but they still stock the bulk of what Tandy does.

www.zackwhite.com Another all around leather supplier

www.ohiotravelbag.com Hardware seller. $30 minimum, but you can get just about anything you might need in terms of project hardware.

www.waterhouseleather.com Leather only, not a catch all store, but they stock some hides others don't.

www.brettunsvillage.com Smaller outfit up in Mane, stocks all the usual tools, hardware, and leather. Havn't worked with them yet myself, but a lot of personality.

The list goes on really. Hunt around. There are much better places then Tandy and the hobby stores.

Edited by Glendon

For the caviar of leather tools explore the site at www.goodsjapan.com Simon will treat you like royalty and you will satisfied beyond words with everything you buy . Cant say enough good things about them .

springfield leather company is good company to buy from

I never used Zack white but the prices look good.

You will find that the majority of places that sell leather tools, supplies etc will have Tandy stuff. But luckily most like the aforementioned Springfield etc carry all sorts of other supplies as well. Google leathercraft supplies and you'll get pages (granted mostly tandy again but..). Good luck with your search

Horn

I will definately agree with any & everyone who gives Kudos to Springfield Leather!!! I have pretty much given up on Tandy anymore, especially when it comes to leather and stamping tools....ok, most everything. I look for older Craftools on ebay as they are better than the new ones, and I can usually get them much cheaper as well! I've been talkig to a friend of mine in my local leather guild about buying leather as a group from his supplier (Wicket & Craig) so we can get a bulk price. Now just witing for his next order. While I was down in Tulsa recently, I checked out E.C. Leather, and their leather is better quality than Tandy's, and it seemed cheaper as well!! I will be ordering a side from them if my friend doesn't need to order from W & C soon. E.C. also had a very wide selection of different leathers, and finishing supplies. I don't think they have a web site, but look in LCS&J for their ad and give them a call for a catalog.

Also, don't overlook S-T Leather for good prices and some hard to find items. I used to order a lot from Hidecrafter, but since their buy-out, haven't dealt with them much. Has anyone ordered from them recently? I loved their Pro Series (right name?) tools. High quality tools at a good price, and their regular stamping tools were better than Tandy's at the same price. I hope they stay in business and don't buckle under & start selling Craftools.