MADMAX22

Simple Glock Iwb In Horse

Hey guys been a while since I have posted anything, been busy learning out how to make knives so only been doing leatherwork here and there for buddies. Finally had some time to do some holster orders. This is the first one Ive completed for the glock, and yes everyone is right the trigger gaurd is kind of a pain to get a good mold around.

Anyways comments always welcome. I know the stitching didnt come out all that great. Keep forgetting if I cut the stitching channel the sewing machine will sinc the stitch too far in. Plus I am not quiet sure about the space between the grip and the top of the holster. It pulls fine but am thinking a little more space there would be nice.

post-5781-0-86301700-1351965800_thumb.jppost-5781-0-01073000-1351965808_thumb.jppost-5781-0-04451100-1351965814_thumb.jp

I think it looks really good. the stitches and the the stitch lines are evenly spaced. the edges look good. the only thing i'm gonna have to comment on is that i think there should be more space between the rear of the holster and the grip of the gun (maybe an extra 1/4").

Edited by CountryTrash

Thanks Country, I agree with ya. I am gonna try and adjust the pattern some to allow more space. I think your right about a 1/4" would be adequate.

Max, how do you manage to put snaps through three layers of leather (the back of the snaps?).

Do you skive it all to hell or what? Haha. That's what I've always had to do...

PMZ

Put a hole through all three pieces of leather. Insert the t-nut into the back of the holster. Set the snap stud on the belt loop and use a machine screw through the stud into the t-nut. I use 3/8 or 1/2 screws depending on the thickness of the leather. I use removable (blue) Loctite to hold the screws in place. I place the t-nut between the two piece of the holster leather so the t-nut is not visible on the back. Some snap studs need a 6-32 screw, others will take an 8-32. Buy a couple cheap from your local hardware store to see what will work for you before you go by the premium screws / t-nuts in bulk. Hope that helps.

Max, how do you manage to put snaps through three layers of leather (the back of the snaps?).

Do you skive it all to hell or what? Haha. That's what I've always had to do...

PMZ

Great looking holster! I be loving that HH.