DebHop

Free Patterns - Bags Purses And Hats

Good morning,

this is funny, yesterday I stumbled upon those spanish patterns on the website of this spanish guy. I had difficulties converting the dxf files, but now I find them here at leatherworker net, haha. :thumbsup:

If I can help you with any spanish translation just let me know. I live in Spain. :guitar:

Thank you for sharing the patterns,

Saludos

Hey Angie,

I'm glad you found us here. We could use your language skills with a few of the terms in the patterns.

Google Translate wasn't very helpful with them all. The list below returned the same results in both languages.

And the 'little worm' is just confusing. :dunno:

Perhaps you can help in how these would be used in context of the patterns and instruction.

Your help is much appreciated.

Orig Translate

ads ads

boilillo boilillo

correilla correilla

cuarson cuarson

culote culote

curarson curarson

gusanillo little worm (?)

ja ja

jar jar

jet jet

rebo rebo

texfel texfel

texon Texon

tupis tupis

vildeones vildeones

viledon Viledon

viledones viledones

vilendones vilendones

vileones vileones

yet yet

Edited by DebHop

Hi again,

this morning I studied the patterns and the description of the pieces and first of all there are a lot of typing mistakes.

The little worm "gusanillo" is a kind of stiching or embroidery. The one that is a very tight zig zag, but spaniards use to use the same word for different things.

"Correilla" means zip tie or little strap.

"Cuarson" is a material that is made of leather shavings to form sort of a card board. It is used to strengthen parts of a leather bag. (Please ask if you don't understand my explanation :blush: )

"Culote" I can't identify its meaning for bag making. It could be "bottom" or "end". "Culo" means buttocks and "culote" is a big one. :lol:

"Boilillo" is actually "bolillo" which is lacing or even bobbin lacemaking.

"Viledones" means that the pieces should be cut out of "viledon" (trade mark) which is this non woven white or black material (vilene?) that can have a sticky surface to be ironed on a piece of textil or leather. But it comes also without sticky surface and is used to strengthen pieces. The other similar words Esteban uses are simply typing errors.

"Tupis" are cristal stones like swarovsky cristal and similar.

"Texfel" is a trade mark for felt.

"Texon" is a trade mark for shoe soles. I suppose he uses that material for strengthening purposes of different pieces.

Those "yet" "ads" and "jet" must be some kind of abbreviations of something which I can't find out. They are not spanish words.

OK, hopefully this can be helpful a little bit. Please don't hesitat to ask for more detailed explanation, as this translation was not easy because I lack also the correct words in english :rolleyes:

Edited by Angie

Angie,

This is most helpful! Some of the typos may be mine as the font is unusual and the ' i 's sometime looked like ' L's in some places.

As for the 'Cuarson', it sounds like a material like 'Kydex'. I've gottne samples of this from Springfield and it seems to serve the same purpose.

'Viledones' also sounds like a fusable interfacing used to stiffen fabric, although I'm not sure how that would work on Leather. Perhaps another member is familiar with this.

Having the translation is great, and the added detail really make them easier to understand.

We can use your notes to better understand fabrication and assembly.

Thank you so much!

Please send me a copy as well. Suemidesigns@gmail.com

Thanks for the tip

Suemi,

You can find the patterns here.

Enjoy,

Deb

Google Docs link seems to be broken, but I'd love to take a look at those patterns - dave at armrd.com - thanks for sharing :)

Hello - if possible can I also get them? Email is cstovin@msn.com- thank you so much!!

Hello - if possible can I also get them? Email is cstovin@msn.com- thank you so much!!

See the link right above your post. Post #82

Tom

Edited by northmount

Yes I would like access to the patterns......

My email address is: Leatherman5900@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Jeff Chandler

i would like a copy please.

my email is alzathoth@gmail.com

I would like a copy. Thanks matt

twisted.oaks.ranch@hotmail.com

Hi i would like a copy if these please

Thanks

Email

rivetandleatherco@gmail.com

It would be great if people would read the last few posts in a thread instead of just the first one or two. Look at post number 88 immediately above your post.

Tom.

If you still have them available, I would like them too. aguilerag89@yahoo.com

thanks

If you still have them available, I would like them too. aguilerag89@yahoo.com

thanks

There are 2 links in the very first post of this thread. One of them starts with the words "brokenlink"...don't use that one.

There is a working link directly below that.

Deb, Thanks so much for the effort in converting them for the masses who don't have the luxury of engineering software. Would you happen to have a zip file that contains the original dxf files for those of us who do have the required software?

Edited by olds cool

Could I get a copy of those patterns also? My email is misterhide.org@gmail.com Thanks!

Could I get a copy too. My email is misterhide.org@gmail.com

Could I get a copy of those patterns also? My email is misterhide.org@gmail.com Thanks!

Could I get a copy too. My email is misterhide.org@gmail.com

The links to download them are on the very first post.

Has anyone been able to edit the original .dxf files? They appear to be locked (downloaded from the authors site). I tried editing it with a freeware cad viewer, but either I don't know the software enough or the files are locked. I haven't used cad in years, so I'm downloading the new edition of Autocad to see if I can edit the files for English and possibly make an assembly instruction sheet before converting to .pdf for any who are interested.

Please send them to me too!

Thanks!

bacelec@telus.net

Please send them to me too!

Thanks!

bacelec@telus.net

Please see the very first post in this thread. There is a link to download them directly.

MODS - can we lock this thread?

I'd like them as well. murray_c_hill@yahoo.com

Thanks very much for sharing. If these are still available I would love to have them. My email is theleatherhut@hotmail.com.