Newbee

Fun Wedding Gift

This book was meant to be fun and personal. I'm still learning, but having a lot of fun, when I can find a little time to work with leather. Daisy is their dog..I guess you figured that our already. I had to do this in a hurried manner so I made a couple more mistakes than I normally would have. I can't figure out how to end the lace properly.

post-15395-0-03892000-1352086196_thumb.j

post-15395-0-15588000-1352086213_thumb.j

post-15395-0-35542100-1352086229_thumb.j

post-15395-0-17290900-1352086380_thumb.j

post-15395-0-78857200-1352086392_thumb.j

Nice book! I'm sure they'll treasure it! As far as ending the lacing go back to the instructions and make sure every step is taken. I know that it's not easy to end. It's been a struggle for me in the past.

The love that went in to this shines so very bright ,imperfections will hardly be noticed . Well done ! I enjoyed seeing this . Thanks for this post ,you did a fine job here . There is a you tube video that explains the finish on this double loop braid ,I'll see if I can find that link for you . Bill

What a great idea, Newbee.!! Simple, but so personal at the same time.. :)

Can I ask how are the pictures done.?

I have a link to Kingsmere Crafts, which may help you with your lacing..

http://www.kingsmerecrafts.com/page96.html

I hope it helps you, or that Bill finds something for you on youtube.. ;)

Regards

Phil

Thanks for all the compliments! I will search on you tube for video. Seeing is sometimes a lot easier. For the pictures, I used the method that 2-Shews explains in his video. He charges $25/00 for the video, which I ordered from a post here at Leatherworker.net. He uses a product called Picture It by Plaid. It is does not transfer perfect, but better than anything else I have tried. The technique he uses is amazing, and as bad as I hated to hand over $25.00, it was worth every penny! I will check out kingmere craft also. This site has been so valuable!

Edited by Newbee