Sign in to follow this  
k47

Hand Craft With Print On Leather Wallet Pics

Just a follow up of my previous post. i have completed making my first two wallets combining handcraft with print on leather. Just wanted to share it with you all.Critique is most welcome. Just want you know, im just starting to combine the two processes.So dont be too harsh!! Cheers :)

post-19793-0-70832600-1352213810_thumb.j

post-19793-0-36810600-1352213837_thumb.j

post-19793-0-88600000-1352213867_thumb.j

post-19793-0-83171400-1352213892_thumb.j

I like how you added the stamping around the image. I think something along the line of a beveler with lines cut in it might help eliminate the overlaps you're getting over your printed image. That, or just have multiple sizes of camouflage stamps on hand to cover the different radius's you will encounter.

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/home/department/Leather-Stamps/Beveler-Leather-Stamps/6893-00.aspx

Is the dark brown area that covers the rest of the exterior dyed, or printed?

@ particle : The dark brown area is dyed. As far as overlapping points youve raised. , Yes they are very valid. But since this is the first time ive combined the two, (the horse print) i faced some practical problems. But they will be sorted out. as u can see the 2nd wallet(buddha print) , overlapping is done pretty well.There is ofcourse scope for improvement and finesse, ill be upto it.thanks.tc.