swivel knife

What's Happend With Barry King Tools?

hello,

i want to order some barry king carving tools and a swivel knife,I send 2 emails to him to ask how mutch is the insured shipping to germany. I get no answer.

then I tryeed to call him but the line was busy.

dos enyone know what's halppend with barry king tools that they not answer the emalis and always the line is busy?

ciao

Lutz from Hamburg, Germany

He may of took the week off. Thursday is a holiday here.

And it is hunting season...........I financed his last trip when I bought tools there.......lol

I bought two checkered bevelers and a basket weave a couple of weeks ago, there were no problems then. Like they said above, he may be closed for the holdiays. Also make sure you're calculating the time zones right, he is in Wyoming which I think is on Pacific time or at least Mountain time.

Chief

I ordered a couple of tools from his web sight last night . They had emailed me today and said they were shipped today. He never answered my email either but I have had no problem ordering on line...

hello,

i want to order some barry king carving tools and a swivel knife,I send 2 emails to him to ask how mutch is the insured shipping to germany. I get no answer.

then I tryeed to call him but the line was busy.

dos enyone know what's halppend with barry king tools that they not answer the emalis and always the line is busy?

ciao

Lutz from Hamburg, Germany

Sorry you are having this trouble Lutz. The others are correct it is a holiday week and many people are gone from home and business. I personaly wish to welcome you here and say I am glad you are here . Please dont worry about language skills any one can see you are trying and thats enough . Fact is if we were smarter with our computers the translation programs would be in use. I can assure you that no one is angry here and I would like to extend my hand in friendship from Albuquerque New Mexico . I would like to see some of your work and welcome all you posts . On Monday most folks will be back on the job and you may have better sucess then . Thanks for your post and I am very glad you are here . I promise your English is a lot better than my German . All my best Bill

@ bluesman1951 Thank you for your frindship

The problem is not fixed. I can't reach Barry King.

I don't know where is the problem. I emailed him and I try to call him.

ciao Lutz

I placed an order with him on the 13th I haven't heard hide nor hair from him. I paid with PayPall too, money already transferred. I just figured the holidays, but now you got me worried.

I placed an order with him on the 13th I haven't heard hide nor hair from him. I paid with PayPall too, money already transferred. I just figured the holidays, but now you got me worried.

Skwerl, sorry you're having trouble, I think you will find that your order is being processed and you'll get it. You didn't indicate where you are, if you're over seas it could take some time to get them to you. I've bought tools from Barry King for years and he doesn't communicate well, I'll agree but he does deliver and it is very high quality merchandise. I placed an order around the same time, not sure of the date, as I said above and the tools were delivered within 5 days, I think it was more like 3. I would call on Monday, they probably won't be in today or this weekend because of Thanksgiving, but they should be back to work on Monday and they are in the Mountain Time Zone as noted above.

Chief

Skwerl, sorry you're having trouble, I think you will find that your order is being processed and you'll get it. You didn't indicate where you are, if you're over seas it could take some time to get them to you. I've bought tools from Barry King for years and he doesn't communicate well, I'll agree but he does deliver and it is very high quality merchandise. I placed an order around the same time, not sure of the date, as I said above and the tools were delivered within 5 days, I think it was more like 3. I would call on Monday, they probably won't be in today or this weekend because of Thanksgiving, but they should be back to work on Monday and they are in the Mountain Time Zone as noted above.

Chief

It's all good. I sent him an email. I have a lot of Barry's tools and the quality is impeccable for a decent price. If I have to wait a bit it is ok. I probably just ordered some odd balls he didn't have any stock in. I'm in Florida by the way.

Lutz , I went to the Barry King Site . There appears to be no way to contact them direct . Its a simple order something put it in the cart pay and say where to ship to . Looks like they are not talking to any one . Suggestion there are other companies that carry Barry King Tools maybe you call them they have contact information and appear willing to talk to a customer . I will help you with this in any way I can . Send me a message on this site and I will try to get this done for you . I know how hard this can be . I would like very much for you to have sucess in getting this tool . Bill

Lutz , I went to the Barry King Site . There appears to be no way to contact them direct . Its a simple order something put it in the cart pay and say where to ship to . Looks like they are not talking to any one . Suggestion there are other companies that carry Barry King Tools maybe you call them they have contact information and appear willing to talk to a customer . I will help you with this in any way I can . Send me a message on this site and I will try to get this done for you . I know how hard this can be . I would like very much for you to have sucess in getting this tool . Bill

There is a contact page on Barry's website, and it has ALL of his contact info. I call him frequently, but since it is a machine shop sometimes with the equipment running they can't hear the phone. He is very willing to to sell to ANYONE. Or you can order directly off the internet. Please DO NOT publicly diss the very people that sponsor this forum, their money PAYS the bills. Barry is a great business man and a long standing friend of many people here, and when the comment is that "he doesn't appear willing to do business" he might take his money and advertise elsewhere. I have seen this happen to other sponsors of this forum and frankly, I am sick of it. Bad press on the internet is very hard to get rid of. If you have a problem maybe it's best to be quiet and order from someone else.

Ross

Edited by RWB

There is a contact page on Barry's website, and it has ALL of his contact info. I call him frequently, but since it is a machine shop sometimes with the equipment running they can't hear the phone. He is very willing to to sell to ANYONE. Or you can order directly off the internet. Please DO NOT publicly diss the very people that sponsor this forum, their money PAYS the bills. Barry is a great business man and a long standing friend of many people here, and when the comment is that "he doesn't appear willing to do business" he might take his money and advertise elsewhere. I have seen this happen to other sponsors of this forum and frankly, I am sick of it. Bad press on the internet is very hard to get rid of. If you have a problem maybe it's best to be quiet and order from someone else.

Ross

Why should a person be quiet, if they are not getting service why not let others know. That is what keeps business honest.

I ordered a maul on Monday of last week and it was here in Alpine TX. On Weds. I would say that is pretty good service. I have never had anything but good experiences with Barry.

CW

I just spoke to Barry, he was out last week. He remembers the gentleman from Germany and said that he returned the email about a week ago and perhaps it got lost in hyperspace. Anyway, he said that shipping to German is normally about $35.00, and that if he pays via paypal, the site automatically calculates the shipping. You could always enter the order, check the shipping and just not confirm the order if you aren't okay with the shipping cost. He answers the phone at 307-672-5657 and is there now.

Chief

Ross

You are way out of line with this sir . I went to the site tried every option to find a contact page and could not . I mean I really tried clicked on every option and never saw a phone number or email info . I understand loyalty completely. Simply not going to stand for a butt chewin when I was just trying to help some one . I live here and speak the language and could not find a contact page ,so what chance does a guy from Germany stand ? I dont use these kind of tools in my leather working ever . Have no vested intrest in this ,no money to be made ,cant see why I am involved . So Ill just step back from this one nothing to win here . Thank you for your words . Bill

Here is Barry's contact info from his page

http://barrykingtool...m/contactus.htm

Edited by Bluesman

My point is that Barry King, as well all the other advertisers on this web site, pay the BILLS for this site. Barry runs a fine business and makes a fine tool for a very affordable price, and I do not believe that his customer service should be called into question when he didn't respond over a holiday weekend. To do that is an over reaction.

I am not trying to start a fight, however this is not he first time that people have gotten on their keyboards, and gave one of the sponsors of this website a undeserved poor rating. Whining does not keep business honest. Honest business owners keep their business honest, and Barry King is a very honest man.

Ross

P.S. If you get on www.barrykingtools.com there is a link to a Contact page no matter were on the site you are. His e-mail and phone number are clearly advertised.

My point is that Barry King, as well all the other advertisers on this web site, pay the BILLS for this site. Barry runs a fine business and makes a fine tool for a very affordable price, and I do not believe that his customer service should be called into question when he didn't respond over a holiday weekend. To do that is an over reaction.

I am not trying to start a fight, however this is not he first time that people have gotten on their keyboards, and gave one of the sponsors of this website a undeserved poor rating. Whining does not keep business honest. Honest business owners keep their business honest, and Barry King is a very honest man.

Ross

P.S. If you get on www.barrykingtools.com there is a link to a Contact page no matter were on the site you are. His e-mail and phone number are clearly advertised.

Look Above your post. I use it all the time. And Barry is Aces in my book. Great tools, Great Service and answers all my questions. Even the dumb ones.

Ross

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on all counts. The advertisers AND the contributing members pay to keep this site running. The OP is not from the US, how are they suppose to know Barry King is out for the holidays. An easy way to resolve this problem is for a company to post, on their website, when they're out for extended periods of time. You can believe what you want but IMO not responding to a potential customers inquiry IS poor customer service (setting up an out of the office auto email is common place).

I've also seen other members flame suppliers / vendors on this site as well, but I actually find value in those posts. If other members post back defending that supplier or vendor (as they did with this post) that was flamed then that's a good indication that the supplier / vendor just happened to drop the ball with that one forum member and that's not normally how they conduct business.

Compliants / whinning do keep businesses honest, and if businesses don't care what people are saying about them then they are out of touch. IMO, negative customer feedback is extremely important as it lets businesses know what they need to improve upon. I've seen several local businesses clean up their act b/c of negative reviews on yelp.

I'm not debating the quality of Barry King's tools at all. I'm simply defending Swivel Knife's right to post his negative experience.

You are way out of line with this sir . I went to the site tried every option to find a contact page and could not . I mean I really tried clicked on every option and never saw a phone number or email info . I understand loyalty completely. Simply not going to stand for a butt chewin when I was just trying to help some one . I live here and speak the language and could not find a contact page ,so what chance does a guy from Germany stand ? I dont use these kind of tools in my leather working ever . Have no vested intrest in this ,no money to be made ,cant see why I am involved . So Ill just step back from this one nothing to win here . Thank you for your words . Bill

Bill, Barry Kings website does have a contact link on every page of his site, here is a screen shot of his main page.

post-1605-0-36506400-1353992965_thumb.jp

Bill, Barry Kings website does have a contact link on every page of his site, here is a screen shot of his main page.

post-1605-0-36506400-1353992965_thumb.jp

I stand corrected I absolutely did not see that .Sorry ! It totaly escaped my eyes . Now what do I do ? I tried to help and drove off a cliff in the dark . I must use one of those visor things when on the computer I cant see . Am 62 with diabeties and my vision gets worse by the day so to me it understandable not to see it . Dont know if you will believe me or not ,but that's my story . Without glasses I can not see a single printed thing am colour blind as well so print mixed with colours dont help .What ever its not my area of expertise and I should not have gone down that road ,I will not be making that mistake again . I am at a loss as to how to proceed I admit to a mistake am sorry for saying it was not there and being wrong . Not much more I can do . Bill

I stand corrected I absolutely did not see that .Sorry ! It totaly escaped my eyes . Now what do I do ? I tried to help and drove off a cliff in the dark . I must use one of those visor things when on the computer I cant see . Am 62 with diabeties and my vision gets worse by the day so to me it understandable not to see it . Dont know if you will believe me or not ,but that's my story . Without glasses I can not see a single printed thing am colour blind as well so print mixed with colours dont help .What ever its not my area of expertise and I should not have gone down that road ,I will not be making that mistake again . I am at a loss as to how to proceed I admit to a mistake am sorry for saying it was not there and being wrong . Not much more I can do . Bill

I hate to see a respected member of our community and a new member looking for help get out of sorts over something like this, Mistakes happen, and Bill was man enough to own up to them and you have to respect that, especially in this day and age. That being said, the issue of the OP has still not been resolved. does anyone here have a closer relationship with Barry than I do? If so, please give him a call and help direct barry to this site or to the OP so they can get together. In the spirit of this website and the leatherwork community, I think that is the decent thing to do. In fact, I will call him today and see if I can't come up with some resolution for the OP. Additionally, I work night shift so I will be available during the OP's timezone in the even that there are questions he needs answered. I will post here with whatever information I find out.

Bill,

There are no hard feelings between you and me. Be sure of that. Again I am not trying to start a fight, I just don't want the advertisers to get frustrated, leave and go elsewhere. According to Chief,at the top of the page, Barry has tried to e-mail the individual with the information , and perhaps its being resolved. Thank you for trying to help the gentleman from Germany.

Ross