swivel knife

What's Happend With Barry King Tools?

Sorry Ross, I missed that entirely. I'm glad Chief stepped up and tried to help.

I just spoke to Barry, he was out last week. He remembers the gentleman from Germany and said that he returned the email about a week ago and perhaps it got lost in hyperspace. Anyway, he said that shipping to German is normally about $35.00, and that if he pays via paypal, the site automatically calculates the shipping. You could always enter the order, check the shipping and just not confirm the order if you aren't okay with the shipping cost. He answers the phone at 307-672-5657 and is there now.

Chief

Just so it can't be missed. :)

Just so it can't be missed. :)

One note, I did that at the request of Bluesman1951 who was trying very hard to help this guy out.

Chief

thank you for your answers.

You have to belive me I don't want to give a reason for War here.

Barry send me an eMail and tomorrow I will get an order.

Thanks to all for the help and try to live in peace together.

ciao Lutz

Bitte Schon! Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut!

Edited by immiketoo

Barry has always given me fantastic service. About a decade ago, I purchased one of his swivel knives from a local leather and tools supplier. I just saw it hanging on the wall and bought it. I paid $50 for the yoke and barrel with no blade. I wish I had purchased from his site directly, since last I checked, he sells them for $45 and includes a blade. The knife never felt comfortable, and had a lot of drag in the swivel action. I never thought much of it, but just put a rarely used blade in it, and there it sat, unused in a tool rack for almost 10 years. It was on this forum that I read about someone else having a similar problem, and how he had replaced their knife, no questions asked. I contacted him and explained the issue, and received a prompt response that he had a problem with his bearings a while ago, and he offered to fix it free of charge. I sent it to him and received it back in about a week with a brand new yoke and bearing in it and a blade to boot since he felt bad that I had been short-changed by the store. I never asked him for the blade, not was he obligated to give me one. He just did so out of kindness and desire to give me a square deal, and he even paid the return shipping. It is now one of my most used knives.

In my experience, he has the highest of standards in his products and in his business practices. If he is out of contact, I am willing to believe there must be some valid reason for it. Please give him a good opportunity to respond.

Has anyone been able to contact him? Is he OK?

Barry has always given me fantastic service. About a decade ago, I purchased one of his swivel knives from a local leather and tools supplier. I just saw it hanging on the wall and bought it. I paid $50 for the yoke and barrel with no blade. I wish I had purchased from his site directly, since last I checked, he sells them for $45 and includes a blade. The knife never felt comfortable, and had a lot of drag in the swivel action. I never thought much of it, but just put a rarely used blade in it, and there it sat, unused in a tool rack for almost 10 years. It was on this forum that I read about someone else having a similar problem, and how he had replaced their knife, no questions asked. I contacted him and explained the issue, and received a prompt response that he had a problem with his bearings a while ago, and he offered to fix it free of charge. I sent it to him and received it back in about a week with a brand new yoke and bearing in it and a blade to boot since he felt bad that I had been short-changed by the store. I never asked him for the blade, not was he obligated to give me one. He just did so out of kindness and desire to give me a square deal, and he even paid the return shipping. It is now one of my most used knives.

In my experience, he has the highest of standards in his products and in his business practices. If he is out of contact, I am willing to believe there must be some valid reason for it. Please give him a good opportunity to respond.

Has anyone been able to contact him? Is he OK?

Ack! I was browsing using the mobile app, and couldn't see all of the replies. Glad to hear Barry is alive and well, and continuing to offer great customer service

talked with him on the 26th, trouble with my bevelers for last 18 months figured it was me till I used some other king bevelers told me to send them back and he would get them repaired or replaced.

Now I did my order and I wait for the Tools.

one more time thank you.

ciao lutz

Yesterday I get my Tools. Wow, it was a verry fast shipping from US to Germany.

The Quality of the Tools is realy realy good. I can't take them out of my hands.

Thank You Barry, you have a new satisfied Custemer here in Northern Germany.

All the best for you...

Lutz