DFWLeather

New Cowboy 4500 Just Delivered!

I'd say that's pretty typical, it always takes me a little while to get accustomed to a new machine and learn its quirks, the worst part on new ones is you always assume its operator error but it could need a slight adjustment as well. When I got my Consew it seemed to push the material towards me before pulling it back and I lived with it for a long time thinking it was supposed to be that way and I need to get used to it but finally I decided to email Bob and check and he instructed me to lower the feed dogs a bit and all was well 5 minutes later.

Is this your first machine?

Billymac....yes, this is my first leather stitcher. I'm a long time woodworker/cabinet maker, so I'm familar with with all sorts of machinery, and my experience with wood over the years has helped a lot in this transition to leather.. Funny thing is that I've recently had customers asking about woodworking, but with my head 'totally' wrapped around leather these days, I'm reluctant to take on any wood projects :no:

That's a really nice first machine! Leather has a way of getting into your blood, I've pretty much been addicted since day one and it went out of control since then. My grandfather was a woodworker and I used to work with him a lot and I now have some of his equipment but its never really interested me that much for some reason so I never got that good at it.

It would be nice to have someone that really knows their machines like wizcraft (because he also writes and explains things well) to do a side by side review of the different clones. Everyone that gets one or the other likes it so I hardly think it matters which one anyone gets but I've never heard anyone that uses or used both.

When discussing the difference tween the Cobra and Cowboy, I believe it was Wiz himself who said "ones brown and ones grey"

Wiz, pardon me if I'm wrong.

I would say that basically sums it up in the big picture. But there still has to be differences as well as different motors that each are shipped with as well as the standard accessories. I know its splitting hairs at that point but would be interesting none the less. I'm still convinced the Cowboy has a larger hand wheel, can anyone clarify that as true or false?It would really take someone that has both and ordered them at about the same time to be an accurate review. Probably wont happen anytime soon and doesn't matter anyway. Either way I still think distance to the dealer is probably the biggest deciding factor since they are nearly the same.