chancey77

How To Measure Someone For A Custom Name Belt

THIS WORKS EVEN IF THE PERSON IS NOT THERE:)

I get a lot of emails asking to make custom name belts for people,MC Clubs,Bands,Businesses, and I use these photos that are BULLET PROOF! They work every single time. I have tried to explain to people sometimes until I was blue in the face until I finally made these.

JUST EMAIL THEM THESE PICTURES AND YOU WILL BOTH BE VERY HAPPY WITH THE OUT COME!

The inside rear measurements LLP/RLP I would move in another 1/2" for the names just so there is a little more room on either side depending on what kind of buckle they may want to use, the belt could slide 1/2" in either direction and Their Name will always land in the right location.

I am posting this especially for new comers to the leather field and I hope this helps!

Enjoy,

Chancey

post-28433-0-21161800-1354359240_thumb.j

post-28433-0-86170200-1354359245_thumb.j

post-28433-0-59208900-1354359250_thumb.j

Edited by chancey77

Experience has told me, one needs to add an additional 1/2" (3cm) or so, for the thickness of the belt.

That is if the measure has been obtained from a thin tape such as the one shown.

It's also worth considering the type of buckle and how it will be worn for the front center:

If a heel bar buckle. the bar will line up on the "gig line", the overlap of pants.

If a center bar buckle, the center will be on the fold of the belt around the bar.

If a trophy style buckle, the center for measure would be between the bar and prong.

There's more to this than meets the eye, but if you have it all in front of you, it can be figured out with observation.

Paul

Absolutely Paul! Solid advise!!!

Adding a 1/2 is great. It is always best obviously to have the person there for a fitting. But for folks like myself and you who have clients world wide that is rarely possible. This has been fool proof enough to work every time for myself. Also I always ask what buckle they are using or supply it myself. That way personally I can adjust for such things.

Your knowledge is pretty heavy and always great talking with ya Paul!! Maybe one day you will show me how to make a proper pair of boots:)

Thanks for posting! I made one for my daughter, but she was in-house.

Malik

post-28387-0-61459400-1354417087_thumb.j

Thanks for posting! I made one for my daughter, but she was in-house.

Malik

Those Collars you make are just GREAT!!!!!!!!! Extremely nice work! Maybe one day I will get a sewing machine....I have made it 20+ years without one..maybe it is getting time???? hahahahaha