Sign in to follow this  
xilli007

Interchangeable Parts Singer 29K - Adler 30-1

Hi guys!

Last week I bought a couple sewing machines from a retired shoemaker (serious bargain!) and one of them needs a new part. It concerns an Adler 30-1 (I think '-1', as it's colour is light green....?) and the part that needs to be replaced is the 'feed motion ring slide bar' or in German 'transportwinkel'.

Now, this original part is terribly difficult to find (or as somebody can help me...?) and if so, it costs about 150 dollars/ 100 pounds for which I could buy an old same model machine and use the parts of it.

The Singer 29k is a very similar machine to the adler 30 series and I was wondering if the part I need would be interchangeable..? I have read on the internet, on several places, that these machines use parts which are the same, but not all of them ofcourse... Has someone of you got any experience with interchanging parts of these machines? The part I need is rather easy to find for the singer 29k and in the pictures it looks exactly the same..

example of part for singer:

http://www.college-sewing.co.uk/82053-FEED-MOTION-RING-SLIDE-BAR-SINGER-29K

I emailed them and they say they don't know for sure if it's possible to use for me, but the ring has got the exact same measurements as mine but the rectangular bit is in some ways a millimeter out etc. so I'm not sure if it would matter...

Thanks a lot in advance!!

They do not interchange,what is the problem that it needs to be replaced?

Bob

Here you can ask again. I think he is specialized in Adler 30-1 and Singer 29K. Konnie

www.altenaehmaschine.de

thanks for the reactions!

The rectangular bit broke off by the ring as the shoemaker dropped it whilst cleaning the machines for sale. I thought it would be able to weld it back together, but a friend says it's impossible...

Found the that German site and will buy the part from them if there isn't another solution. But it costs 4-5 times as much as the singer part, and they only differ very slightly. I personally don't see why it should cost so much more...

On the site it also says he used the part for singer as adler, but doesn't guarantee it will work anytime..that makes me doubt what to do :)

Thanks anyway!

Edited by xilli007