Blackie

Posting Pics From Phone

I started following this site over a year ago, and leather working for about a year. I finally have some projects completed and want to share with everyone. I'd say 90% of my time here is on my phone, I rarely use a PC. How do I post pics from my DROID?

Good question Blackie. I take photos with my Droid but don't actually use it to post the pictures. I e-mail them to myself then post them using my Samsung tablet or my PC. If you can post from your phone you should be able to attach a photo I would think, but I have not investigated that yet. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

I would use my phone more for this type of thing if my eyes were not so old! I can't see to read much on the phone, I need bigger letters.

I agree. I have been playing around with my Droid and cannot post pictures from it.

Thanks guys, damn technology!

Maybe if you post your pics to Facebook, then you should be able to post a link to them through this site....just a thought.

Not sure about droids but I haven't viewed this forum on anything but my iPhone. Here's what I do to post pics. I use the Photobucket app. The Photobucket account is free. 1)Take pic with phone. 2)Upload pic to Photobucket app. 3)Select photo in app and copy image code. 4)Paste code directly into post. That's it. I do that for the other forums I'm on as we'll.

Beaverslayer, thanks but I'm not a Facebook kinda guy.

Spincycle, looks like im getting a photobucket acct. I have already tried this with flickr , just opened that acct yesterday but it didnt work. Thanks all!

I use the photobucket route, too.

The nice thing with photobucket is being about to edit photos through the web based editor. There's a simplified version, but towards the bottom is a link to opt for the more advanced editor. I have not tried to use the web based editor through the browser on the phone, but once you've gotten uploaded you can easily edit, resize, and manipulate the image to your heart's content before generating the links for the images.

The interesting thing is that the web based editor is actually a freely available (and full featured pay version) app for the iPhone called Pixlr by AutoDesk. I can't speak for any sort of availability on android, but there are a few alternatives to aid in any editing and resizing needs you might need. PhotoShop Express is free and has a decent set of features, is one that comes to mind. I would recommend at least resizing the images before uploading them, since straight from the phone they can be particularly large depending on the options you have set for your camera. File size and image dimensions, both.

I do want to say that photobucket is working on a new layout for the website and it leaves a few features behind. Unless I missed it, one of those features is the option to select which photos in a current album you wish to have it generate link codes for you to post or link to. As mush as I like to newer style layout, I am still using the older style so that I still have access to that feature. It is possible that I am overlooking where this feature is in the new layout, as it is quite different from the older style. If someone knows for sure on this, please don't hesitate to say something.

Nice picture....I like the design on the leather as well.

On 12/8/2012 at 9:36 PM, Blackie said:

2012-05-17_16-11-05_901_zps64932a08.jpg

IT WORKS!!

Did you use photobucket or figure it out on your phone?

Well, should have looked at the date, ah well

I have the Galaxy S7 and use it exclusively. I do have to resize my pictures I post. I use an app called photo and picture resizer. It's really easy to use. And it does batch resizing. A lot of times I have 4 or 5 pictures I want to upload and the app let's me resize them all at once as a batch. This let's it stay under the 1.4 mb your allowed to upload. It's good for a few pics. But if you have a lot then you'll probably have to use imgur or Photobucket or something like that to post them here. Just my thoughts, may be worth trying. 

If you text the pics from phone to say FB messenger and save the photo again it resizes them. Its a quick down and dirty way. Ta. Matt.

Edited by Mattsbagger

Instead of resizing do what I do...imgur way easier no need for resizing just post the link to the photo album you upload to imgur much easier 

On 12/7/2012 at 10:26 AM, Blackie said:

Thanks guys, damn technology!

This was posted directly from my phone. I just use the editor in the phone to resize to get down to the limits the site allows.

resize.jpg

On 2017-06-03 at 0:49 AM, Windrider30 said:

Instead of resizing do what I do...imgur way easier no need for resizing just post the link to the photo album you upload to imgur much easier 

And that is why you see broken links in many of the older posts here.  People close accounts, move photos, delete photos from their account, etc. and we can no longer see what they had posted.  Do us all a favour and post the pics here or create a gallery here and link to it.

Tom

I just use the app PicFrame...  and save my foto to my iPhone... then there's no trouble putting them up here :)

Don't know about android, but photos taken on my iPhone I just email to myself, sized "medium", and then save that version. This reduces it enough to post

I don't think it's so much a problem with "modern technology", but more with outdated forum software, and outdated file size restrictions.

I'm on many much more active forums and uploading pics from mobile devices is simple. 

On 5/31/2017 at 0:55 PM, Stetson912 said:

I have the Galaxy S7 and use it exclusively. I do have to resize my pictures I post. I use an app called photo and picture resizer. It's really easy to use. And it does batch resizing. A lot of times I have 4 or 5 pictures I want to upload and the app let's me resize them all at once as a batch. This let's it stay under the 1.4 mb your allowed to upload. It's good for a few pics. But if you have a lot then you'll probably have to use imgur or Photobucket or something like that to post them here. Just my thoughts, may be worth trying. 

This is the app I use on my antique S3. Simple to use, which is important to technologically challenged geezers like me.