Sign in to follow this  
evelynwolfe

Cowboy Style Beretta 92Fs Shoulder Holster?

Trying to figure out something "Cowboy" for a 92fs. Needs to be a shoulder holster so the cowboy style fold over belt holster aint gonna cut it.

Anyone have any ideas? I've surfed google and everything and I can't find anything "cowboy" it's all military.

A lot of people like chest holsters which are very handy when horseback or doing about any outdoor activity. They can be built as "cowboy" as a person would like. Here are a few I've made, one for my Ruger Blackhawk and another for a 1911Commander, I've also attached pics of them in use. It'd be easy enough to build something similar for a 92F.

These are a simple "envelope" type holster with rings at the top and a D at the bottom, a back plate and some straps.

Best regards,

Josh

post-19070-0-87264900-1354908823_thumb.jpost-19070-0-31542600-1354908723_thumb.jpost-19070-0-36417300-1354908836_thumb.jpost-19070-0-78719000-1354908318_thumb.jpost-19070-0-60291400-1354908326_thumb.j

Very nice work Josh! I think I want mine a little more under my arm. So I should lengthen the chest strap and shorten the back strap. Are these very secure?

take a look at the 'front break shoulder holster' in the recent gallery images at the top of the main forum page.

Yup, they're quite secure. I wore my Blackhawk while being the ground guy working a little group of calves this summer. I'd had it on when we gathered the cows and kept thiking I'd ditch it on a rail while we worked the calves but never got around to it, anyway it was just a small group but I wore it while I threw, branded and casterated 7 head. For just riding and general moving around they stay pretty well put.

Best regards,

Josh

There is also a basic pattern in Stohlman's "How to make holsters" book, . . . page 31. You make that shoulder rig part, . . . add a clamshell or straight draw holster to it, . . . voila, . . . shoulder rig.

I made one from the pattern, . . . not particularly my cup of tea, . . . but it did work well.

For a Beretta 92, . . . I think it would work well. Mine was for a 1911, . . . I used a clamshell, . . . brought a snap around in front on two tabs, . . . pulling the weapon from the holster would break the snap.

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

evelynwolfe I built one like you described for a fellow who has some shoulder mobility issues. I based it on the US Army M7. Back in the day I carried one and still have it around here somewhere. It is comfortable, secure and you can dress it up anyway you want. The style has been constructed to fit both Pistol and Revolver. A 92 would not be an issue. I looked at Josh's rig and it is very nice. My observation is that there is a lot of hardware involved and that would raise the build cost. . If your interested I have an orgional Military Drawing of the M7. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a copy. Its too large to post here (over 2meg). You can get it printed at your local Staples or Office max (its a PDF). I use to use one for work while working snowmobile patrol. Very secure. That same security slows down your draw and inside heavy winter garments also inhibits a "fast draw". Point is there are compromises one has to make with what one chooses to wear...

DBP

You are all wonderful! I just couldn't get my head out of the box on this one.