I really need to get some swivel knife practice in. Didn't realise how rusty I was until I started to carve the little gears section, but then again it's been about two years I guess - I was living in England then and I've been here in Brisbane since April last year. Anyway, here's the pics of the new barrel bag I've made, bad tooling and all :)

post-32405-0-03978600-1354944243_thumb.jpost-32405-0-42551000-1354944251_thumb.jpost-32405-0-43579800-1354944261_thumb.jpost-32405-0-97036800-1354944232_thumb.j

I've got 3 weeks off over Yule so I'll be getting some leather and practising a LOT. Hopefully my post-Yule projects will be better.

Tooled with the basic Tandy starter set, btw

Very cool nicely done . Stitchin looks good ,finish is nice . What does the strap look like ? Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your work with us . I enjoyed seeing this post . Bill

Thanks Bill :)

Yeah the stitching I do like, only had one minor kerfuffle due to the difference in circumference between the sides and the wrap, but it doesn't show :P I'm still working on the strap, not sure if I want to do a short strap or shoulder strap to be honest. Might do both and see which looks best

Cool! I like it!

I love that bag! Did you use a pattern? And are the stitches done diagonally?

I love that bag! Did you use a pattern? And are the stitches done diagonally?

No pattern, I adapted it from another pouch design I made.

The sides are butt-fitted flush with the front/main piece and the holes are done with a round awl at an angle to come out in the middle of the cut edge. The front/main piece just has the holes punched straight through. The only problem you tend to get is there's a different spacing to the holes on the sides as the circumference is smaller, so I used 2 different stitch markers and winged the rest :)  I do slick down the edge of the main piece before I stitch them as it's nigh on impossible to get as good a finish after.

I really like the shapes of the gear window. Great looking piece overall!

Thanks for all the great feedback :) The gear design is available as a free download here - https://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/p-1624-steampunk-corner-belt-design.aspx?

I just used a section, and realised I've not done curves with a swivel knife in some time lol

very nice work, great solution on the stitching!