Well, I finished it! This is my mothers Christmas present. I know that Santa clause will be giving her a pair of binoculars, so I decided to make her a case! I'm pretty happy about how it turned out seeing as its my first bag. I learned a few things during the process, which is what it's all about!

post-36411-0-46511200-1355026301_thumb.j

Thats one fine bag sir ! Clean well constructed ,sewing is sharp tight straight and clean . Its a mighty fine case ,you can be very proud of this its well done . Your mom will enjoy this a lot . My compliments its very nicely done . Time well spent ! Big round of applause for this project ! You have set the bar mighty high here LOL so now lets see number 2 . All my best John Merry Christmas to you and yours thanks for showing this . I am impressed ! Bill

Yes, very nicely done. The stitching is very good, and I love that color. Mom is going to be Happy, Happy, Happy...

Thanks everybody!

Here is the inside of the case, it is unlined. I used synthetic sinue for the thread.

Originally I was going to dye the inside black and dye the outside mahogany, but the oil dye seeped through my 4 oz gusset, I'm almost happier that it turned out the way it did.

post-36411-0-45648200-1355081793_thumb.j

Really nice work.

I have just gotten a commission for a binoculars case and will be nicking your idea.

I love the clean lines and the fact that it can stand on it's own due to the flat bottom. Ideal for the big heavy binos that you can get. The last thing you want is to have a huge weight around your neck the whole day because the case doesn't stand on it's own.

The flat panels will also work well for some tooling accenting.

But I love your colouring and finishing. Very neat.

Well done

Alex