Andrew Chee

Is This Site Down A Lot?

Over the last week or two I've noticed a lot of times when the site is unreachable? Just wanted to know if there are some technical problems going on here. Thanks.

Andrew

Not usually, but this past month has been an exception. The host did some updates a few weeks ago that caused some problems, and today a server data center in Utah failed, and we went offline. As long as Beaverslayer keeps his tinfoil hat on, we should be okay now.

Johanna, just to give you all a heads up...my yearly bath is coming up, and I may need to take my tinfoil hat off to wash my hair. I'll try to give you all some notice, I thought I'd wait till after December 21st, just in case those Mayans knew something we don't.....

I have noticed here lately I am unable to log on to the site.

I'be been getting a few errors too. When I log out I get errors and when I try to download something I get various script errors. Not sure if it is this site or Firefox..

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete. Script: resource://gre/modules/UserAgentOverrides.jsm:97

St8line, if you can't log in, you can't post, so you were logged in okay when you wrote that. The biggest problem people seem to have when logging in is that their log in "user name" might be different from the display name. I tell people their user names more than I reset passwords, but if anyone needs help with logging in send an email to admin@leatherworker.net and I'll fix you up.

AFAIK, everything is fine on our end and has been for weeks.

The server load is low, the logs look good and there are no viruses or other malware living on this site or the server it sits on.

Incidentally, today is the anniversary of the horrible crash of 2008. Kate and I worked hard to get the site online again, and to try to prevent anything like that happening in the future. We did everything but staple Beaverslayer's tinfoil hat on on his head, but he said that it had to come off once a year for his bath. During that time we ask leatherworkers from around the world to hold hands and sing "Kum-bay-yah" until he's got everything shiny again.

Please let me know if you are having any problems, but all systems here look good, knock on wood.

~J