Merry Christmas Everybody,

Finished up saddle number 2 yesterday. This one went smoother, and faster than the first one. Still created more scrap than I'd like. Had to cut the seat out twice. Was able to enjoy the process more with this one. Have number three and four ready to cover the seats, looking forward to getting them better than this one. I'd would like to hear any critiques anybody may have.

Thank you,

Robpost-5521-0-74749000-1356357154_thumb.jppost-5521-0-66952400-1356357183_thumb.jppost-5521-0-79550400-1356357216_thumb.jppost-5521-0-68930600-1356357250_thumb.jp

saddle number 2 - went smoother, and faster - more scrap than I'd like - able to enjoy the process more - looking forward to getting them better --

Hey Rob, Merry Christmas yourself! I'm gonna step outta the way in a minute for to make room for someone more experienced with saddle work. But I did want to say that I appreciate a fella who can recognize and admit his mistakes, learn from them and determine to work toward correcting them. Good post, and I love the color and the smooth look!

At least you will have a seat pattern for the nest two saddles. I like your seat rub stick, where did you find it?

Terry

Hey there Terry,

I got the rub stick off of Bob Douglas in Sheridan WY.

I think you knocked this one out of the park, I really like the design, compact and not a lot of fluff. Clean lines and just a nice saddle, I may have to copy some of your work if you don't mind. Randy

I agree with Randy, it looks great! I studied the saddle for a while, and couldn't find anything to critique on. That is the best sheepskin lining on a saddle I have seen in a long time. Keep up the great work, they get easier and better the more you make.

Randy I'd like to say I came up with all the design ideas by myself. But they came straight out of the Watt videos. I made very few and very small changes. So have at it not mine to give away. Thank you for the kind words.

:cowgirl:

Nice job for a #2! :)

and do not worry too much about cutting twice the seat.....this happens.... ;)

Keep going !

Wow! How long you been doing this? That is some pretty nice looking stuff there, keep doing what you are doing.

Thanks NVLeather. I've been working with leather for a few years. Thank you.