This is my first attempt at a pancake holster, with inspiration from Lobo's enhanced pancake design. I decided to add some length to the front piece to make it more flat backed. Very comfortable. I have to say, welting with a flat back allowed for some pretty tight stitch lines around the gun, and I am pretty happy with the result. I will say it is kind of a pain to line everything up this way, and I don't know that it adds that much....

Shaved down some Hermann Oak skirting for this piece, and used some watered down Tandy Pro waterstain in medium brown for the color. Used the dark brown waterstain for the edges, and find that it buffs up very nicely.

Still need to find a snap for the thumb break, as the line 20 snaps I had on hand seemed like they might scratch the gun.

I hope my dad will enjoy his Christmas gift!

Comments/critiques welcome!

post-20934-0-53158200-1356637280_thumb.jpost-20934-0-23313100-1356637281_thumb.jpost-20934-0-08772300-1356637278_thumb.j

I'd say for a first attempt, this is outstanding!! When doing thumb break holsters, I generally use the flat post half of the snap in the inside of the strap and then Barge or contact cement some light weight split or chamois over the post so that it doesn't scratch or react with the pistol.

Really nice job!

Mike

Nice job! I like it! It's a great idea!

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

And thank you for the tip Mike! I will give that a shot.

Very nice holster. Your stitching looks great and I like the overall design.

awesome work! keep it up!

Thanks!

Very nice holster. Your stitching looks great and I like the overall design.

I appreciate it!