Bee33

Would This Consew Do The Job>?

I have a small budget for a leather sewing machine. I hope to be able to make some bags and use the money to save for a really nice leather sewing machine. BUT until then i am wondering if this Consew CP206r will sufice until the day comes i can purchase a better machine. I am intrested in sewing leather wallets, phone covers, purses.

Here is the link to the sewing machine i am looking at :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Consew-CP206R-Portable-Walking-Foot-Industrial-Sewing-Machine-w-Carrying-Case-/300836539708?pt=BI_Sewing_Machines&hash=item460b414d3c

Consew cp206r

walking foot

portable

Bee,

I am certainly no pro with regards to these machines but when I was searching these machines did not get good reviews. Spec-wise this is the size of a small domestic with a similar motor(built-in 1/10 HP?!). The walking foot is an add-on. I fear these are designed with people like us in mind. The reality is there is no free lunch.

For similar money you should be able to find a good vintage machine on CL that will last you well into any aspect of the hobby.

JMO,

Dave

K. C.

That is not a leather sewing machine. You may destroy it if you force it to sew through dense leather, of any weight.

Im seeing a lot of Leather walking foot sewing machines in my price range on ebay such as Consew 206RB5 and a couple other reputable sewing machines, but they say it is for the HEAD ONLY. If i purchase the head only how hard is it from there for someone such as myself to purchase a servo motor and table and im guessing belts to put it all together. My husband is pretty mechanically inclined im sure he could figure it out just wondering if there is more to it than that??

Im seeing a lot of Leather walking foot sewing machines in my price range on ebay such as Consew 206RB5 and a couple other reputable sewing machines, but they say it is for the HEAD ONLY. If i purchase the head only how hard is it from there for someone such as myself to purchase a servo motor and table and im guessing belts to put it all together. My husband is pretty mechanically inclined im sure he could figure it out just wondering if there is more to it than that??

Others have gone that path and regretted it. Unless you or your Husband are already familiar with how industrial sewing machine tables are assembled and fitted to the machine head, don't go there. For the couple hundred more you spend on the table and motor, you could have simply bought a fully assembled, tested and setup Consew 206RB-5 from here.

If it were me I would wait until I could get the 206 or another older complete machine on Craigslist. Too many times in life I have been impulsive, optimistic, or impatient and have always spent more in the end.

Most agree patience is the key here. Who knows, by the time you find the machine right for you, the money might be there and your needs might even have changed.

JMO

Dave