Docwebb

Tandy Market Place Handbag Pattern

They discontinued the Tandy Leather Market Place Handbag Kit. I am looking for the pattern that came with this kit. It is not included in the patterns you can download for this pursed from the Tandy site. I f anyone has this, I'll be glad to pay.

This one says comes with 4 designs, were you looking for a different one?

https://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/p-1183-market-place-handbag-kit-pattern.aspx

Yeah the one I'm looking for isn't in there.

Edited by Docwebb

The Handbag Pattern Pack has 4 patterns, including one called the Rodeo. This is the original pattern for what became the marketplace handbag. I also have the marketplace handbag pattern pack and was able to get it from the Leathercraft Library. You can download them immediately.

I actually have this kit. Bought it years ago to make for my mom but never got around to doing it. Its still not put togeather so I can take measurements of stuff and pictures if you want. Just let me know.

these were taken on my phone so sorry if they are not the best qualitypost-41902-0-94845600-1372666219_thumb.jpost-41902-0-01439200-1372666241_thumb.jpost-41902-0-44596500-1372666261_thumb.j

more...post-41902-0-45388600-1372666312_thumb.jpost-41902-0-19198700-1372666323_thumb.jpost-41902-0-81307900-1372666333_thumb.jpost-41902-0-03731500-1372666344_thumb.jpost-41902-0-61005500-1372666364_thumb.jpost-41902-0-46746300-1372666390_thumb.jpost-41902-0-00131400-1372666397_thumb.jpost-41902-0-14890400-1372666404_thumb.j

and the rest.. Hope this helps you guys out!post-41902-0-33867100-1372666590_thumb.jpost-41902-0-80114000-1372666599_thumb.jpost-41902-0-12034300-1372666609_thumb.jpost-41902-0-68020600-1372666615_thumb.j

i didnt bother taking photos of the shoulder strap cause I used it for something else, and also you can do really whatever you want for that. Just in case, the original strap that came with it was 1 inch x 37 inchs. Enjoy!!

Cody C - I'm hopping into this convo a year and a half after you have posted this. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for posting that.

Since the Marketplace Handbag is discontinued, Tandy still offers the instruction pattern for low cost on their Leathercraft Library online site.

Everything I have purchased from there - this included - is very sloppy and hard to figure out.

On the Marketplace booklet, the patterns were barely there for all designs. So again, I appreciate your responses here! They are coming in handy this many years later :)

Elle

Better late then never! Glad this helped you out. I still haven't put this thing together, I just don't have the time.

:) It's good to be busy! I'd like to know if you do though. Some of the instruction pages you posted are different from the one I have.

Would be interesting to compare if there are any differences!

Take care!

Don't feel bad Cody. I have two of the kits I got years ago from a Craigslist ad, and I have yet to make mine too.

Here are some of the directions. Im trying to add the main instruction page but the files are too large.

Marketplace Handbag 2.pdf

Marketplace Handbag.pdf

Edited by Cody C

alright , main instructions are resized. they were scanned full size 17 inch x 21.5 inch at 600dpi .jpeg so they can be made whatever size you want. If you wanted to make a larger or smaller MP handbag its up to you. I had to tone down the dpi and size so I can upload them. If you want the full size image message me with your email and I can send them to you no probs. Enjoy and I hope this helps ya'll out.

post-41902-0-46795500-1424987284_thumb.j

post-41902-0-03925800-1424987292_thumb.j

Awesome Cody thank you!

I had some similar instructions I got from leathercraft library - so between those and some of my own attempt here is what came out of it:

Market Place Handbag....sort of!

This is my first time attaching a photo here so please let me know if you can't see it. (its the same as my profile picture)

that looks awesome!! I hope when I finally attempt mine it turns out half as good. Well Done!

Edited by Cody C

:) Thanks Cody! It's the first thing I have made that I have actually used!

I did have some issues throughout but made it through!!

Unfortunately right now, the color is leaking. Its got a few coats of Resolene on it but that didn't protect it from rain fall :(. I've read that Resolene is the way to go, so maybe I did something wrong!

Don't mean to really revive a really old thread but I finally got enough time and confidence to finish this project. Been a really long time in the making but I'm glad i took my time and planned it out vs throw it together. 

bag1.jpg

bag2.jpg

bag3.jpg

bag4.jpg

bag5.jpg

bag6.jpg

Very nice! I am just finishing up a Tandy tote, so I have some idea of how much work that was, especially with all that beautiful tooling and stamping!

Did you line it, or is that the natural flesh side of the leather? And did the kit include all that nice hardware? 

Edited by Sheilajeanne

That looks great, thanks for sharing :)

1 hour ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Very nice! I am just finishing up a Tandy tote, so I have some idea of how much work that was, especially with all that beautiful tooling and stamping!

Did you line it, or is that the natural flesh side of the leather? And did the kit include all that nice hardware? 

yeah its lined with a coffee pig skin suede. kit didnt come with any of that hardware, the hardware that came in the kit was very basic and bland so i had to change it up. The sewing was murder.

32 minutes ago, Rbarleatherworks said:

That looks great, thanks for sharing :)

thank you, and no prob. I had this thing for so long and been so afraid of doing it for fear of messing it up, i had over the last several months gotten comfortable enough with this size and complexity of a project to see it thru. I still consider myself a novice/beginner to the fact that i have very little time to work on anything. I do however lurk and look at picks on here and pinterest and a facebook group i joined to get ideas for stuff id like to try. This is a Christmas present for my mother she is FINALLY going to get lol.

Very nice Cody! Mom's are usually patient ;) but she will be thrilled with this present. You even tooled the bottom. The next one will go faster. 

2 hours ago, Cody C said:

yeah its lined with a coffee pig skin suede. kit didnt come with any of that hardware, the hardware that came in the kit was very basic and bland so i had to change it up. The sewing was murder.

Tell me about it! 

Yeah, I figured the hardware wasn't what Tandy provided. I just finished a Molly tote bag, and the next step is lining it. That's a WHOLE 'nother learning experience, as I found out with the first bag I lined! This one will have pockets and zippers, while the first one was just a plain liner.

Nice job of upping Tandy's stock tooling pattern to something more beautiful and complex!

4 minutes ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Tell me about it! 

Yeah, I figured the hardware wasn't what Tandy provided. I just finished a Molly tote bag, and the next step is lining it. That's a WHOLE 'nother learning experience, as I found out with the first bag I lined! This one will have pockets and zippers, while the first one was just a plain liner.

Nice job of upping Tandy's stock tooling pattern to something more beautiful and complex!

the tandy tooling pattern that came with it was so plain i couldnt do it like that. plus its for my mom so i had to really jazz it up a bit for her. Cant have her walking around with it looking pain, shes a high class gal, had to do some high class work on it for her. Ya the cut out in the back was originally for concealed carry pistol but she upgraded so i was stuck with a hole lol, had to come up with something. The bag isnt that big so i didnt do pockets and also the original plan was for the pistol pocket so there would really have not been much room. ah well, it worked out