Double U Leather

Last "christmas" Order Done

Here's the final Christmas order out the door. When the customer ordered it, I told them I couldn't guarantee it by Christmas but I'd try. Well, to make a short story long, I was going to have it done by Christmas and all would be good. On the day I got ready to dye it, I remembered I still needed to groove it where it folded. So...I take out my groover, groove it right where the lines were, folded it together and...aaaarrrgghhhh. One side was 1/2" longer than the other. I then proceeded to find my center point, measure, and again...aaaarrrggghhh. 17 divided by 2 IS NOT 8!!! Bottom line, I had to start over again from scratch. I called the customer and told them what had happened, and they were fine with it. I still got it done while it was the same year...LOL. I don't call it a mistake though...just good practice! Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think. Hope God richly blesses you in the New Year.

post-7660-0-84893800-1356986482_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-39511000-1356986497_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-63074100-1356986539_thumb.jp

Oh that's horrible...I'm sure it wasn't fun giving them the call. The finished one looks GREAT!

It looks like it was well worth the wait :thumbsup: Great job! Is that the light gel antique from Tandy? I love that look and bought the medium gel antique. It was so dark it looked almost black and didn't have that type of contrast at all!

Thank you ladies for the compliments.

Renee...I use Fiebings paste antique. I tried the gel once and didn't like it a bit. The color on this project was called Sheridan brown. And it was applied after two coats of RTC resist. Hope that helps.

It's made by Bee Natural. I really like it alot. I used to use Neat Lac/Clear Lac, but got into trouble when applying it with sheepskin over dye. It seemed to smear the dye. Barry King suggested the RTC, and boy it works. I use it in a spray bottle for an even coat, and I've never had a bleed/smear problem with it at all. The one thing I liked better with Clear Lac was the slight color change of the leather when applied. RTC doesn't darker the leather a bit.

Thanks for the info...much appreciated!

Update on this order...I delivered to the customer at an event I was announcing the past couple of days. He was thrilled with it. The kicker however is that a whole lot of other people saw it, and it will probably turn into several more orders! Life is good. Stay blessed folks.

Nicely done . I have a couple pieces in my wall locker that I've done similar to math.. I just can't spell. I miss spelled Miss Rodeo North Dakota's name. Lucky for me I checked/compared the mailing label before I took it to the post office.

Blessed be!

Very nice job. Last time I used the RCR and it turned my Sheridan tan antique purple. Had to start all over

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Daily...that's very strange. I've never had any trouble at all with it. I'd be interested to know how you applied everything.

Very nice work! Some day I hope to be able to carve leather like this. Good job!