I bought a couple of these kits at Tandy a while back on sale so thought I would give it a go. Boy, what a pain in that the insides don't line up well. However, it was cheap. It's much heavier than I would normally use for a wallet and I did kinda give it a biker wallet twist by adding the strap to keep it closed. I have decided I hate rubber cement. I think gremlins live in it. It seems to show up everywhere. Is there any other option? I sometimes use a double sided tape but it is harder to get . I find it works really well for seams.

post-26880-0-25313400-1357234618_thumb.j

post-26880-0-14376200-1357234721_thumb.j

Seam tape from a fabric store???

Seam tape from a fabric store???

Actually, I found a double sided one at the dollar stores that is meant for scrapbooking that seems to work fairly well and it was a lot less money than the fabric store one. But like most dollar store items, it can be hit or miss re: availability.

They both look great!!

I believe I bought my 1/4" 50 yd. of double sided tape from Tandy or Springfield. It's especially made for wallets. It works really well. On the package it comes from Sailrite www.sailrite.com

It's $4.95 for 1/4" from Sailrite. They also have 3/8".

Edited by benlilly1

They both look great!!

I believe I bought my 1/4" 50 yd. of double sided tape from Tandy or Springfield. It's especially made for wallets. It works really well. On the package it comes from Sailrite www.sailrite.com

It's $4.95 for 1/4" from Sailrite. They also have 3/8".

Thanks so much for the info, I'll take a look. However, unless I can find someone who sells it in Canada, the shipping might be a deciding factor.

Actually, it is the same wallet, I just tooled on one side. :cowboy: