cjartist

First Seat - Hd Reconstruction

Well here it is... my first seat. It was tough. It's not perfect but I'm pretty pleased.

Also, if anyone can tell me what bike this fits that would be great. I bought it at a flea market for $15. The showed me what it was for but all I remember is 2007 and newer FLH___ . Not sure what letter I'm missing or the common name for the bike.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Seat1_01.jpgSeat1_02.jpgSeat1_03.jpgSeat1_04.jpgSeat1_05.jpg

Edited by cjartist

I think it looks very nice, especially for a first seat. I like the colors and tooling came out very good with the black. I am not sure what is going on with the back of the seat and front of the pillion pad with the gaps. I see where you attached them on the bottom of the seat pan so I really don't know how I would have done it differently. Was the original cover sewn? That is a kick ass eagle also. I would love to have it on my bike but I don't own a 2007 FLH_. If the part number is still on the pan you could call a dealership and talk to the parts guy. I keep looking for a 15 dollar seat but haven't found one yet. Good job!

David

Thanks David. The gap was there on the original. I started this by ripping apart the seams and using the old cover for a pattern. It worked for the first three pieces, then I just started winging it but both sections were tucked in through the pan like they are now. No part numbers so hopefully somebody will see it and know. Or I'll take it to a dealer and see what they can tell me.

I know this is an older post but would like to say good job on the seat. The slot between the rider seat and passenger pad is for a rider backrest. The metal bars of the backrest slips through the slot into a bracket mounted below the seat. FLH is Harley's designation for the touring bikes....Road King, Road Glide, Street Glide and Electra Glides. It should fit most if not all of these models.