Hey Folks,

Just thought I would share a few pics of recent projects that I have gotten back from clients. This month also marked a new addition to my line-up: custom embroidery. Was introduced by one of my corporate clients to their embroidery vendor so I'm now adding that to the list of offerings. Also came across a site that does custom gremlin bells and line 20 snap heads, some of which I have never seen before like the WillyG skulls on the tank bib. Enjoy!

~Chris

2010 Harley FLHX rear fender bib

post-10543-0-40696400-1358548485_thumb.j

2010 Harley FLSTF "FTW" rear fender bib (custom fit for LePera seat & 9" rear fender)

post-10543-0-97941600-1358549099_thumb.jpost-10543-0-32760000-1358548748_thumb.j

2000 Harley FXDX custom tank bib with 12mm chrome spots and 3/4" WillyG skulls

post-10543-0-72694200-1358548426_thumb.jpost-10543-0-07746500-1358548435_thumb.j

2006 Harley FXDi35 Anniversary Edition rear fender bib - the embroidery has to be done on 3/4oz chrome tanned petite calf or goat so I married it with the 6oz H.O. bib body with a raised inlay. The contrast of textures made for a cool combination when finished.

post-10543-0-25058000-1358548443_thumb.jpost-10543-0-47487400-1358548451_thumb.jpost-10543-0-52569700-1358548472_thumb.j

2010 Harley FLSTF rear fender bib - this client sent me pics and drawings of his factory seat and asked that I design a bib to match all of the aspects, texture, lacing ribs, etc. Was quite a bit of work but came out nicely I think.

post-10543-0-90494100-1358548763_thumb.jpost-10543-0-58571600-1358552232_thumb.jpost-10543-0-29855200-1358548794_thumb.j

Edited by Spinner

Cool!! I forgot that i was going to do one up for my bike :rofl:

Are you going to tell us the site, or is it a Spinner Secret?????

Really cool stuff, Chris! I do like the embroidery! I really like the 2010 HD rear fender bib.

yeah please share site Spinner!!

Great work Chris. The first one, for the FLHX... do you know what the common name for that bike is? That is my missing piece, I think that might be the bike that my newly finished seat fits. Thanks,

Cheryl

Thanks Benlilly!

Great work Chris. The first one, for the FLHX... do you know what the common name for that bike is? That is my missing piece, I think that might be the bike that my newly finished seat fits. Thanks,

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl. The FLHX is commonly known as the Street Glide.

Cool!! I forgot that i was going to do one up for my bike :rofl:

Are you going to tell us the site, or is it a Spinner Secret?????

yeah please share site Spinner!!

Hehe, I knew at least one of the biker guys would want that site. I actually had to think about whether or not to keep it a secret as I've set up a wholesale account with them (which I highly recommend by the way) but in the end, I'm just not that into money if I am comfortable in life so I here's the scoop:

http://www.gremlin-bells.com/

I never would have stopped normally but I saw the WillyG skull on a gremlin bell and thought it needed a closer look. I then found the custom snap heads they do. After playing with them a bit, the rivet tube is long enough that if you use a line 20 setter but no back, it will mushroom enough to hold nicely on items that don't flex and they can be used as conchos like on the bib. Once note though, the chrome is epoxy plating which handles well in the elements and such but when setting them , don't try to cushion the blow with thin leather or anything. Just put down a paper towel and set the back with more, edium taps versus a few hard ones. Putting the skull on a piece of leather causes the rivet tube to push through the pewter core thus deforming the front. Too much deformation and the epoxy cracks, ruining the concho/snap head. Don't ask me how I know this....but I am glad I bought extras.

Speaking of extras, pay attention to ordering on that site. Some items are sold in singles, some in lots of 3 and some in lots of 5. I ordered 25 of the skulls not knowing this and now have about 42 extras lying around after the job was complete...haha. If anyone wants to buy 1, 2, 3 or a few more just to try out, hit me up.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Chris, I might hit u up soon on the snaps. I need to get some projects done before I haul off and start experimenting with newer stuff. I see your around bikes alot, are you a full time custom guy or just straight leather? I am a technician on the metric side for the past 5 years but since started a business of my own. Thanks for the site! That will help me reconnect with a lot of buddies in the bike shops.

Hehe, I knew at least one of the biker guys would want that site. I actually had to think about whether or not to keep it a secret as I've set up a wholesale account with them (which I highly recommend by the way) but in the end, I'm just not that into money if I am comfortable in life so I here's the scoop:

I knew you couldn't hold out!! :)

Not that I really need to tell you this Bro, but I always say the second I have to worry about competition is the second I better figure out what's wrong with my own processes :). You've always been a great help though, and I'm not gonna be putting out a bunch of WillieG skulls (not my style or those I associate with). Now, if they have some Shovelhead snaps then we might be getting somewhere. I'm just always on the lookout for good hardware.

Thanks Chris, I might hit u up soon on the snaps. I need to get some projects done before I haul off and start experimenting with newer stuff. I see your around bikes alot, are you a full time custom guy or just straight leather? I am a technician on the metric side for the past 5 years but since started a business of my own. Thanks for the site! That will help me reconnect with a lot of buddies in the bike shops.

Hey Moto,

No worries, I have a bunch of them from the over buy so just drop me a line, My email and phone are on my website listed below. I'm just a leather guy for the most part but have done custom metal fab work like brackets and such like for this folding cane holster I did that mounts to the side of an Electra-Glide trike. The bracket is made out of 3/16" thick 1018 Aircraft Aluminum and was a bear to fold but is lightweight, strong as hell and polished up nicely.

cane_holster_front

bracket

Too bad you're not closer, I could use a good tech to look at my wife's 750 Spirit, she let it sit too long last year and the carbs got dirty. I pulled & cleaned them, got it back together but during the process must have nudged the sync screw on the dual carb connection pipe and now it runs like crap.

I knew you couldn't hold out!! :)

Not that I really need to tell you this Bro, but I always say the second I have to worry about competition is the second I better figure out what's wrong with my own processes :). You've always been a great help though, and I'm not gonna be putting out a bunch of WillieG skulls (not my style or those I associate with). Now, if they have some Shovelhead snaps then we might be getting somewhere. I'm just always on the lookout for good hardware.

Yeah you've been around long enough to know I usually end up giving up a source or secret, but you're exactly right...the day I start worrying about competition is the day I start doing something wrong! It's funny, I don't get much of the pre-97 crowd knocking on my door, likely cause I hate making seats but the post 97 folks keep my bell ringing. I don't know about Shovelhead snaps but look at the header of the site, they take custom requests for the snap heads and gremlin bells, might be worth a call. They do have some of the old standards like Buffalo & Indian head nickels, etc. and I ordered a few of those to check out the quality. Not sure what they do differently but the clarity on theirs is much better than what I have found elsewhere. They also have some cool one of kind ones like the 3 dimensional blooming rose snap head. Damn thing stands almost a 1/4" high and has fully rendered petals!

Edited by Spinner

Awesome as always! You are so lucky I live on the other side of the USA or I would be stalking until you let me become an apprentice!

Thanks Renee! Actually if I had the time, I actually have room in the shop for two people to work but they'd definitely get their fill of work...haha

Gremlin bells... Sad it takes a forum for me to find out its right down the street from where i live excited that i came across this post