I have made a few leather bound books over the years but had never tried to make the little ones that I keep seeing. Last night I couldn't sleep so I pulled out my scrap suede and leather, some old book pages and tools and started putting stuff together. I also had a lot of little trinkets and such that I added on cause I thought they were cute. Once I started making them I couldn't stop and before I knew it I had a handful done and little scraps of leather and paper all over the place.

post-38237-0-99725300-1358648431_thumb.j

They are so darn cute! and I had a lot of fun making them. I made little signatures and sewed them in just like making a larger book. I used some wire to make loops to hang them.

post-38237-0-74647700-1358648436_thumb.j

My mom gave me a handful of gold chains she found at a garage sale last year and I have had them in a drawer wondering what I was going to do with them. They look nice with these little books and give them a more glamorous look.

I love when I can take scraps and junk and turn them into something cool. I know this project does not include tooling and lots of cool nifty things but I enjoyed making these and wanted to share. Now to decide if I will put these up on Etsy or save them for spring when the fairs start.

Interesting idea ,I would make the ties a little thinner beyond that its a very cool idea should sell well . Food for thought :What can be done small ,can be done big as well . Another direction and a second idea . The wire has potential in so many ways also some brass and stone. This is one of those 4th of July ideas ! Once it takes off it shoots ideas in all directions . Have fun with this and may it be a cash winner for you . Show it to some women and if you get a "Oh Thats CUTE " its money in the bank !!!!!!! LOL All my best , Bill