billymac814

3 Hole Thumb Break Stiffeners?

Anyone know where to get them at? I recently repaired a holster made by I think Galco(I don't remember but it was a big company). They used a stiffener with 3 holes. How it worked was the snap was set just to the stiffener in the second hole and riveted to the back side on top and bottom, there was a large hole for the snap to fit through the leather. This made it considerably thinner since a good portion of the snap was where the leather would be. I thought this would be particularly handy in IWB holsters or ankle holsters. OWB probably wouldn't matter that much.

I made one out of a standard two hole. Just drill your third hole large enough for the snap to sit in but not go through.

That was my thoughts as well, thank you for asking and thanks for the confirmation answer. 

I've converted two hole to three hole, but would MUCH prefer to be able to buy them (in small quantities).

That's exactly what I need, but it's about 950 too many of them.

call him and ask who buys from him in your area and then call them and see if you can pick up a few.

I had to check my Galco...that's the one.

Also, though, the other part of the snap has a plastic head where it would contact the gun. That would be nice to have too.

You can bet Galco orders them by the thousands!

FullSizeRender - Copy (2).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender - Copy (3).jpg

FullSizeRender - Copy.jpg

Call JRM Stiffeners and ask to buy 100.  The owner and his wife are very nice. It's about $15 for 100. They will accommodate you.

Just now, SLP said:

Call JRM Stiffeners and ask to buy 100.  The owner and his wife are very nice. It's about $15 for 100. They will accommodate you.

That sounds like the perfect solution!  I'm gonna do just that.  Thanks for sharing!!!